Troubleshooting - Engine overheats
- Improper or contaminated fuel
- Replace the fuel. Traxxas recommends using Top Fuel.
- Excessive nitro in the fuel
- Use fuel with a lower nitro content. Recommended nitro content for Traxxas engines is 10% to 33%.
- Incorrect oil content in the fuel
- Switch to a recommended brand of fuel. Traxxas recommends Traxxas Top Fuel for all Traxxas engines.
- Carburetor incorrectly adjusted
- Readjust carburetor to factory break-in settings. When using fuel with 10% nitro, the hi-speed mixture setting should generally be 1/2 turn leaner.
- Fuel flow blocked
- Check that all fuel lines are clear with no pinhole leaks. Check for dirt blockage in the carburetor fuel inlet and high speed needle seat/ Install inline fuel filter.
- Air bubble in fuel line
- Prime the engine to force air through/ Check for pinhole leaks in the fuel line
- Cooling air to head is blocked
- Cut ventilation holes in the body (windshield)
- Excessive load on the engine
- Check for bound drivetrain