Stripping gears after installation of modified motor
- Slipper clutch too tight
- Readjust the slipper clutch
- Worn transmission internals
- Replace worn components with new internal gears. Use your manual's exploded view drawings for reference.
- Upgrade transmission internals
- If your vehicle is equipped with nylon gears, upgrade to the latest gears for your transmission. The Rustler, Stampede, Bandit and Slash now include steel transmission gears.
- Stripped transmission gears
- Replace damaged gears.
- Throttle application too abrupt
- Try not to reverse direction of the motor too quickly. Do not apply heavy throttle with the vehicle off of the ground. Allow vehicle to come to a stop before applying reverse (and vise versa).