Model only runs at high speed when turned on
- Throttle trim set too high
- Readjust trim to neutral setting or as required.
- Burned out resister or speed control (mechanical speed controls only)
- Visually inspect the resistor - if it's cracked or discolored replace it with a new one. If the resistor looks fine, you'll need to replace the mechanical speed control. The mechanical speed control includes a new resistor just in case.
- Improperly set up electronic speed control
- Follow basic set up of the ESC as shown in the manual.
- ESC connected improperly
- Verify that the throttle channel is connected to channel 2 on the receiver.
- Damaged electronic speed control
- Return the component to Traxxas for service.