Model goes backward when I apply forward power, or vice versa
For nitro vehicles equipped with reverse:
- Servo-reversing switch improperly set
- Set channel 2 reversing switch so that the reversing servo operates in the correct direction.
- Differential incorrectly installed (Maxx trucks & Revo)
- If the transmission is in forward gear and the truck moves backwards when throttle is applied, confirm that the differentials are not installed upside down by referring to the exploded view drawings in your manual.
For Electric vehicles:
- Servo-reversing switch improperly set (mechanical speed controls only)
- Set channel 2 reversing switch so that the throttle servo operates in the correct direction.
- Motor power leads (red/black) reversed (brushed motors)
- Reversing polarity to brushed motors reverses their direction. Correctly connect the power leads. Red-red, black-black.
- Motor phase leads (yellow/blue/white) incorrect (VXL brushless system)
- Verify correct installation of the motor to speed control connections. They must match the wiring diagram as shown in the owners manual.
- Electronic speed control requires setup
- Refer to vehicle owners manual for proper ESC Setup.