How to Clear a Flooded Engine
The engine can become flooded if it is primed too many times during the course of a routine startup. When the engine is flooded, the EZ-Starter cannot turn the engine and it will appear to be locked. Use the following procedure to clear a flooded engine.
- Remove the blue glow plug wire
- Remove the glow plug with a 5/16 nut driver
- Plug in the EZ-Start® and turn the model upside down
- Push the EZ-Start button for several seconds to clear the excess fuel from the combustion chamber
- Turn the model over and re-install the glow plug with gasket
- Reconnect the blue glow plug wire
- Remove one of the motor wires from the EZ-Start motor
- Push the EZ-Start button for several seconds. This lights the glow plug and burns off any remaining fuel
- Reconnect the EZ-Start motor
- Do not prime the engine. Press the EZ-Start button.
The engine should start immediately.