RC Champion

LRP F1 reverse ESC question

if their is anyone out their that owns this ESC could you tell me about how much more speed(compared to the XL1) you get with it percent wise would be fine. could you really notice a difference?

thanx in advance all

The change in speed with my 17x1 Sapphire was barely noticeable. But, the throttle response is smoother, especially at low speeds. And reverse has more power.

The biggest plus is that I can run motors as low as 12T without fear of frying it. I have the LRP F1 Super reverse. (Tower calls it the F1 Power Reverse)
    Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

RC Champion
    oh ok. so since im racing a p2k pro their would almost be no point in buying a $70 esc unless i had a fat wallet.

I would buy one anyway!

Most tracks require that you have a forward only ESC, or an ESC w/reverse lockout.

And the LRP (and other better ESC's) have something the XL-1 doesn't have:

BRAKES!

The proportional braking is MUCH better than applying reverse in the corners!

Originally posted by arceeguy
    The change in speed with my 17x1 Sapphire was barely noticeable. But, the throttle response is smoother, especially at low speeds. And reverse has more power.

The biggest plus is that I can run motors as low as 12T without fear of frying it. I have the LRP F1 Super reverse. (Tower calls it the F1 Power Reverse)
    how do you like your lrp f1 ? i've been looking at putting this one in my t3 for stock class racing.i currently have the novak explorer 2 esc but was looking to upgrade a bit.

RC Qualifier
    i have the lrp f1 power reverse, and is it really true that you can run 2 motors down to 12 turns? is it true?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. PedeDestroyer®'s Avatar
    Does the LRP F1 Reverse have the reverse lockout. I know someone who said it did. But I just wanted to make sure. I dont even know if I am going to race?

See Ya
    You may have the fastest RC in the world, but if you dont have skill to drive it......

My Website:
    www.geocities.com/jeprofaci

chevyfan:

I like my F1 Super, I think it's the best under $75 ESC's out there. My previous favorite was the Tekin Rebel, but we all know about Tekin...

o2me:

It's rated for 1 motor down to 12 turns.

PD:

Yes, it has reverse lockout. When I got it, I didn't think it had that fearture, but I just had to read the instructions carefully.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. PedeDestroyer®'s Avatar
    Good so I am just going to get the LRP F1 Reverse (the regurlar one) and get all my other stuff.

Thanks Dudes

See ya
    You may have the fastest RC in the world, but if you dont have skill to drive it......

My Website:
    www.geocities.com/jeprofaci

RC Competitor
    The F1 is a major improvement of the xl-1. I was so happy that I got it. I was running a sapphire on my xl-1 and the motor, the esc, and the battery would heat up too much. (p.s. I have it geared correctly at 87/15) The F1 keeps everything much cooler. I'm going to switch to deans for battery connectors to keep things running more efficiently.

As for the reverse lockout, I got my F1 used so I had no instructions with it. could someone please help me figure out how to set it up to lockout reverse and change the power settings?
    Clean? My truck? WHY???? Eat my dirt!!!

Originally posted by dirtboy21
    As for the reverse lockout, I got my F1 used so I had no instructions with it. could someone please help me figure out how to set it up to lockout reverse and change the power settings?
    Push and hold the setup button while you turn on the ESC. This will lock out reverse. Do it again to re-enable reverse.

RC Qualifier
    yeah that is how to lock out reverse.
    also, can you run 2 motors on the f1? if so, what is the least amount of turns i can have on the motors?