RC Competitor

Cool Using LI-PO setting on my ESC for NIMH

So, I've been using the LI-PO setting on my ESC with the 3000 mah NIMH Traxxas battery. This battery is going on to four years old now and I have used it a lot. Still going on strong. Maybe I'm on to something? I started doing this with my Stampede. Now I'm doing this with my Telluride.
    Last edited by stampedejim; 08-22-2014 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Sp

Usually the NiMh batteries will trigger the low voltage detection after a really short run or trigger over-voltage protection as soon as it's turned on.

I don't suggest putting an ESC into LiPo mode if you're running NiMh batteries.

RC Competitor
    With the motor I have (45 T silver can) on my Telluride. I get 50-60 minutes before the Li-Po cutoff kicks in. my Pede's battery is original and 4 years old. It can't be a bad thing. I have more than 800 charges with my easy peak. just saying.

RC Enthusiast
    Ive been running in lipo mode also with no problems until today. Ive seem to have fried the motor. I didnt even know it was in lipo mode i just charged battery and had fun. when the battery got low a little red light would flash. so after i got done running yesterday i charged battery put it in and now nothing dead! Bummer

RC Competitor
    Check your ESC. Sometimes on LIPO seting if it detects too high a voltage coming in, it will not work. the steering will but the ESC will not send to the motor.

RC Qualifier
    Every time I have run my kids rustler with a lipo, and then he drives it with the nimh battery I have forgotten to shut off the lipo mode. The car will go like 20 feet and just stop. Turn it off and away it goes.

I think you just hold the on button on the traxxas esc and wait till the light changes color. I think...

RC Competitor
    This just in.....my original Stampede 2WD 8.4 V NIMH pack is finally dead after 8 years.