RC Enthusiast

Erevo vibrate when running on a bench? Wheel wobbling affect the car?

Hello.

I got a new Erevo brushless and i notice on the second run that it have wheel wobbling.
    When i run it when i hold it in the air the car vibrate a lot, motor and all parts vibrate a lot when i give trottle when someone hold the truck in the air.
    Trying this without wheels mounted and it not vibrate so mutch, but when the wheel is mounted again everything vibrate, is that normal to get mutch vibrate to the truck when you hold it up from the floor and give trottle?

Could a rc car with wheel wobble hurt the truck?
    It has littlebit wheel wobbling the first run, but after i had remove the tires and mount them again i thing i got more wobble..

Short another question: i changed spurt gear from stock 68t to 54t and i hear a low swich sound when i mount the gearcover and roll the car on my table.
    And i could remove the spurt gear/slipper clutch out and in for about 1-2mm, i thought the spurt gear should be bone stiff without space to drag it in and out when its mounted?

Thanks for support
    Last edited by Hotwheel85; 08-20-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Short another question: i changed spurt gear from stock 68t to 54t and i hear a low swich sound when i mount the gearcover and roll the car on my table.
    And i could remove the spurt gear/slipper clutch out and in for about 1-2mm, i thought the spurt gear should be bone stiff without space to drag it in and out when its mounted?

are the numbers facing out on the spur flip it over might be on backwards; post 55

wheels yes it is common for the wobble, HPP hubs or

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4919761
    --
    and post 105
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    The wheel wobble is likely to be because they aren't balanced. Many people underestimate how important / how much of a difference balanced wheels make.

RC Champion
    I agree with clinical 100%. Imagine what our 1:1 cars would be like if we didn't balance thise tires. I threw a weight off my car and when I drove over 65km/h my whole dashboard shoke violently.
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 08-21-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    1/10 Xray T3. No Traxxas RCs right now.

RC Enthusiast
    The numbers on the spurt is pointing out against the motor.

Yes i would buy putty and try to balance them.
    Any idea where i cold order wheel balance that fit the erevo wheel?

Have run it for about 5-6 times now and i think its better but in top speed 40mph the car still wobble a bit, have it anything to say for the truck? Could it harm the electronic or some parts?

RC Racer
    Have you checked the bearing and could it be water in the tires.

RC Enthusiast
    The bearings is fine, the wheel foam is dry.
    I have take two video of the vibrations.
    Could you look at it and tell me if your brushless erevo is the same or is it something wrong with this truck?
    Here is a video with slow motion when its run http://youtu.be/ZT97Ro55PX8

Another when i hold it and give full trottle http://youtu.be/iGRJ-ewMSvU

RC Enthusiast
    The two link in the last post was not uploaded in hd.

Take a look at this slow motion video when i hold it up, http://youtu.be/yIsMvTzF-VQ
    One more in normal video http://youtu.be/g4kg4bZ5pSg

RC Enthusiast
    take tires off and see if it does it

RC Enthusiast
    I have balance the wheels today with putty and it not wobble on the road anymore :-)
    But the motor and everything wobble a lot when i hold it and give trottle so i guess that is normal?

How long would the putty last before its full of dirt and not balanced anymore?
    Im very happy for the balance tips!
    Thanks for the support

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotwheel85 View Post
    I have balance the wheels today with putty and it not wobble on the road anymore :-)
    But the motor and everything wobble a lot when i hold it and give trottle so i guess that is normal?

How long would the putty last before its full of dirt and not balanced anymore?
    Im very happy for the balance tips!
    Thanks for the support
    What did you use to balance?