Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast

Just a couple pics to update where I'm at with things. Ordered a couple things today. Couldn't help it.

RC Qualifier
    Glad to see someone else on this forum running 6s I was beginning to think I was the only one lol. What u do is put plastic dip in motor open it up and put it around the spots where water gets in
    Last edited by Billgates1234; 08-25-2014 at 03:23 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I've been doing a lot of reading and watching a lot of videos.. Especially on this forum... I've pretty much made up my mind on the Castle Creations MM2. It seems that it's gonna be right up my alley of what I'm looking for.

Theres an old ytube video about waterproofing a 2200 motor. He made a disc with a hole in the center and glued it to the motor , then used heavy grease in the hole(with the motor stem sticking out)to keep water from passing through.

Or something like that.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Racer
    Ive seen that vid also. Seems like a good idea atleast to keep water out of the front bearing. Maybe with a little grease packed around the wires on the inside and a little around the inside of the endbells we could have a pretty well protected 1515

Rpm erevo/revo arms are sold in blue due to the fact that the original revo 3.3 had a blue anodized metal chassis. And it matched.

To get a slight more customized look many people use Rit Dye black

since you are at an early start point now would be a perfect time to rit dye your chassis and rrpm arms to get that blacked out custom look

Last edited by noir 522; 08-27-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

RC Enthusiast
    @NOIR 552... I kinda like some blue but would definitely rather have a green and black scheme... either way, can I dye the blue arms black? Also, I think I'll be getting the alloy, long travel rockers.. but I really like the idea of the chassis being blacked out.. great thought either way.. thank you... on another note... you're summit FAQ thread is extremely helpful. Thank you for that.

Rpm sells arms in bone white made for dyeing. You can still dye the blue arms black just be certain to make a strong batch of black (greater dye to water ratio?).

Keep building.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

RC Enthusiast
    Also, getting back to you about the waterproofing. The MM2 (you probably already know) is described as waterproof. The brushless Neu Castle 2200 KV is not. Would waterproofing it, like in the video, void the warranty or anything? Regardless, I don't need it to be super waterproof. I can keep it out of anything deeper than puddles. Hopefully lol

Cant really comment on Castles warranty. But the mod appears to be easily removed back to stock. So what Castle doesnt know, shouldnt matter.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

RC Enthusiast
    I regret to say that the build has been put on hold for a couple of weeks. I hit something with my real truck in the woods this weekend and must do about $500 of paint and body work. BUT... I shall keep you guys updated when the build resumes. Also, I may post a couple pics of the paint job I'm gonna do on my truck. Fortunately for me, I used to paint show cars and get to do the whole thing myself.

Sorry about your accident.
    (Hope that tree had insurance)

Keep us updated when you restart
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

RC Enthusiast
    Done with the paint job..

I know these aren't really RC based pictures but they are however pictures of the reason that my summit build was on hold... Anyways, to keep things on subject... I received two 2C 5000mah lipos in the mail the other day..
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-13-2014 at 12:54 PM.

RC Competitor
    Stuff Happens, Sounds like your moving right along. use this break to read and learn more. And I hope your receiver box is on backwards?..... if not mine is?
    Summit
    Blackjack 26
    Blade 400

Quote Originally Posted by Toddbuh View Post
    Stuff Happens, Sounds like your moving right along. use this break to read and learn more. And I hope your receiver box is on backwards?..... if not mine is?
    Yes his is on backwards.the motor won't fit with it like that
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried