RC poster

ERBE Jumping/suspension/ride height question

Hi! New here and only 15 so don't get TOO mad :P
    Okay so I've been running my new ERBE and doing many jumps and realised the skid plates hit the ground very often. How do I make the erevo run like my old Revo 3.3 used to and jump super high and it would just absorb the shock completely without the skid plates hitting the ground? I've already changed the suspension arms from the middle hole to the inner hole on the mount in the wheels, but what else can I do without buying anything to augment the ride height or, not let the skid plates hit the ground after jumps? Can I tighten the springs a little?

Thanks, Nic

RC Qualifier
    You're 15 and you use the word augment? And punctuation? Your English teacher would be so proud!

What springs have you got installed?
    And how much preload have to already got?
    Are you using the P2 or LT rockers?
    What weight shock oil are you using?

RC poster
    Everything is stock, so red springs with gold little marks on them, if preload is the amount of time that I tightened the springs well, I tightened them a little to make the suspension stiffer, I did not install the long travel rocker set so I guess the p2, and once again stock shock oil so I don't know what that is.
    Thanks for the compliment and the reply

do not install the LT rockers unless you have the Summit CVD drive shaft, you will break a lot of stock CV drive shafts.

The ERevo is a bit faster than your 3.3 so it is going to bottom out on big air, and if it doesn't you will have the suspension so tight it will bounce like a basketball, and start breaking suspension parts.

Ride Height & Suspension Set~Up:
    My Bash set up:
    P2 Rockers 80 wt Shock Fluid, Blue Rear Silver Front, inner hole, and Traxxas sway bars.
    I set the shock preload by pushing the chassis to the ground.
    If the springs fully compress, back off the preload, if not fully compress increase the preload..
    Will also give you a little more ride height..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    Thanks for the info...

RC Qualifier
    My setup is pretty much the same as 87s but I use 60wt shock fluid and the variable damping kit.

So your probably going the have to shed some coin to improve over stock to the point your looking for.
    Last edited by JJ1224; 08-17-2014 at 01:25 PM.
    Erbe, Merv Vxl, Rusty Vxl.

RC poster
    Okay! Thanks...