Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Billgates1234 View Post
    I have a summit 1 16 brushless vxl that needs a axle and drive shaft just haven't got around to it I like to drive my big truck lol
    I also have the 1/16 Summit that spends more time torn apart then any rc I have . I have both diffs locked on it so it will climb better and it causes me to break axle shafts like crazy. I switched it over to the mini Erevo shafts and it won't break them but they do pop off all the time. I'm in the process of switching it over to a brushed motor for more controlled power.

RC Qualifier
    Hey I wonder would jumbo Kong rims fit good with with them super swampers u have? The rims size is 4 and a half inch wide that's the widest I could find? have 4 stock summit rims all I need now is 4 more but if jumbo work I'll some more of them

RC Qualifier
    I wouldn't take either tires off the rims myself you may want to run them later down the road .You can buy 8 stock Summit rims for 43 bucks including shipping. I'm sure Jumbo Kong rims would work if you could find just the rims with no tires on them.

RC Qualifier
    I found some on ebay. Hey man them servos u told u have I'm going to go on in get me some but before I buy them r they waterproof? Because u know me I like to go threw deep mud and and my rig has to be waterproof lol

RC Qualifier
    No the Savox 1230sg servo is not waterproof but can make it waterproof easily. They do have the Savox SW-1210SG that is waterproof but only half as strong.
    Its your truck and you can do what you want but these tires will be quite heavy for a basher truck. How well did you like the Jumbo Kongs because these tires are even heavier.

RC Qualifier
    The jumbo kongs r great tires I like to mud alot and drive threw deep water. If I knowed this motor I got wasn't good for pulling alot of weight I would have them hey how can I make them waterproof? ::

RC Qualifier
    Silicon will be OK to make it waterproof right?

RC Qualifier
    Most guys use plasti dip or liquid tape but I guess silicone would work to. You should watch some vids on you tube to get a good idea of how to do it.

RC Qualifier
    I'm not sayin dont use the 2028 motor but your gonna need new batteries and the Kershaw chassis will be a must to run the 4s batts . It would be a lot of work and money. The 2028 would deal with the weight better then your motor but its not gonna be as fast. If your gonna run the heavy super swampers you may just need a bigger motor with more torque. Im not running LEM diffs because they only have the spider gears and diff cups . I want all the diff gears to be hardened like the ones from Truckmonster. I only drove mine a few time before adding a gear reduction to slow it down but it was still pretty quick. I drove it with stock wheels and at half throttle it would pick the front up and carry it as far as you wanted . Any more throttle then that and it was on its lid. Here is a short vid before the reduction. With your driving style and the 2028 motor i dont think the drive train would stand a chance. But it would be one mean beast and a ball of fun to try and drive.

RC Qualifier
    Man I'm very worry about my motor now I wish I would have waited before getting this motor cause I don't believe my motor is going to last long pulling big tires it said the weight my motor can pull and be fine is like 15pounds with jumbo kongs it's Lil over that what u think I showed do keep the motor my truck has and just make me a e revo. And just buy a motor like u have put in mine and tune it down to like 4hp r what?
    Last edited by Billgates1234; 08-22-2014 at 12:19 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Billgates1234 View Post
    Man I'm very worry about my motor now I wish I would have waited before getting this motor cause I don't believe my motor is going to last long pulling big tires it said the weight my motor can pull and be fine is like 15pounds with jumbo kongs it's Lil over that what u think I showed do keep the motor my truck has and just make me a e revo. And just buy a motor like u have put in mine and tune it down to like 4hp r what?
    Which would you rather have BIG i mean HUGE tires or a truck that is some what controllable at high speeds above 40 mph or so ?

Huge tires require correct gearing.
    Massive tires and bashing are not the best of friends.rarely do you see them together
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    So in other words my truck is OK the way it is my spur is 65 pinion is 14.the lower the pinion the less strain on the motor right?

Big spur small pinion= more torque less top speed.
    Big pinion small spur
    Less torque more top speed.With huge tires
    I geared down as it is really working the motor trying to get those monsters turning.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    U think my spur 65 and pinion will be OK turning my jumbo Kongs? I haven't had these tires long my motor burn up cause Mt wires touched

Stock is 14/68
    Those kongs are HUGE.i would very closely watch temps.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    stock had a 68 spur 17 pinion

RC Qualifier
    What would be perfect gearing to to turn my jumbo Kongs just fine with out my motor and esc running hot I don't really need top speed I guess cause I like to mud ride ride in deep water so yep??

RC Champion
    you may not find a perfect gearing because the tires are huge and don't tipically go on speed runs.....ime thinking stock sized tires and you might have more fun not breaking things and heating up.....if you have a set of stock sized tires try them out and see if it still heats up.

RC Qualifier
    My truck ain't heating up I just want my gearing alil better I have a 65spur and 14pinion it's alil warm I have a 11pinion coming I'm going to use it I want my esc and my motor to be a Lil cooler I like my jumbo Kongs I love to mud ride and go in deep water stock summit tires for mudding r no comparison when it comes to mudding and going on deep

RC Qualifier
    Hey man Castle creations is giving me a brand new motor they said it had a defect they said they r going to test my esc they think the esc is bad as well

RC Qualifier
    Good to hear i hope the new one last a lot longer. i thought you got lost it was pretty quiet on here the last few days.

http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/car_setup.html

if you havent done it yet go here and play with the settings.

For what its worth my son ran his erevo with kongs on 14/65 gearing without ANY heat issues.

BUT

I used the castle pc programmer to limit his MMM esc to about % 50 output. 1/2 speed but has still faster than a stock summit.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Qualifier
    Thanks man

RC Qualifier
    Thanks man yeah they r going to solder my battery connector on thier and when I I get my motor back and put it on my summit u will be hearing more of me lol. Hey man I'm thinking of the gst 1/8 colossus 4x4 I like that truck it has aluminum body I wanted to know what u think of it.. It has the same servos u use to turn ur big swampers and it comes stock with 7.5inch tires and brushless motor. Man its a nice truck. Tell what u think about it plz the servos r stock and the big tires and brushless motor. I'm thinking of getting it and waterproof the servos and receiver box and that beast will be ready for some mud
    Last edited by Billgates1234; 08-25-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Guy this is a Traxxas site. Going to indepth in discussions of other trucks could get you penalty points. The wheels and tires are common. Just put on 23mm hex and you can stick them on a summit

nice truck but ill stick with my "Do-it-all" summit.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Qualifier
    It's not about the tires I like the colossus cause its brushless stock out the box which means the drive shafts and all r stronger then the summits and the motor esc is waterproof all I have to waterproof is the receiver box and servos and ready for the water and I like the fact it has aluminum body and it's pretty fast I just wanted to see what 2003 would say cause I think he know alot more about rcs then me. But didn't know u couldn't talk about other rcs on the forums sorry moderators don't give me points I didn't know it want happen again I love my summit tho doubt it is a I was going to some more 40 series mud slingers and put on the colossus if I got it I doubt I'll get it
    Last edited by Billgates1234; 08-25-2014 at 04:43 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Don't know much about it other then what I have read and a few videos . I do like those low profile tire on those big rims . If it was a 2 speed I would buy it in a heart beat.