RC poster

EZ Peak Plus/6500mAh LiPo

So I just got 3 new SPC 6565HC 2S LiPo packs for my rustler vxl. I bought the EZ Peak plus because I wanted it for balance and storage modes. 2 questions. I'm assuming the charger will read 0.0A once the battery is fully charged? And since this charger has balance and storage modes, I guess those would be the only 2 modes I ever need? Storage mode charges and/or discharges to storage specs, correct?

Can't wait to try the 2S LiPos, hopefully this thing runs well!

Watch your references.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-14-2014 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Content

When it is done it will read 0 amps. But it will stop the charge at around 650ma I believe. Balance and storage modes are all you should need.
    Whatever you are, be a good one.

RC Champion
    Once finished each cell should read 4.20 volts and your mah count may be a lil over 6565 once pack is fully awoken. At your first full charges the lipo pack wont probably reach 6565mah. Also since the ez peak plus charges up to 6 amps your 6565 pack will take probably and hour and half once fully awoken.
    We are all one race. The human race.

Note: EZ Peak Plus has two safety cutoffs set from factory. If the charger hits either of these it will stop and instead of displaying "Full" on the screen it'll show "CAPA" or "TIME" (or something similar).

Capacity: 5000mah
    Time: 120 min

Both of these can be modified and disabled if desired. With the factory charger settings a fully drained (ran till cutoff) 6500mah battery will charge to 5000mah and then need the charge cycle restarted to finish the pack.

It is not uncommon for batteries to charge slightly more than the rated capacity. (6500mah battery may take 6700 - 6800mah)

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    Note: EZ Peak Plus has two safety cutoffs set from factory. If the charger hits either of these it will stop and instead of displaying "Full" on the screen it'll show "CAPA" or "TIME" (or something similar).

Capacity: 5000mah
    Time: 120 min

Both of these can be modified and disabled if desired. With the factory charger settings a fully drained (ran till cutoff) 6500mah battery will charge to 5000mah and then need the charge cycle restarted to finish the pack.

It is not uncommon for batteries to charge slightly more than the rated capacity. (6500mah battery may take 6700 - 6800mah)
    Can you explain alittle more.
    The traxxas charger is a 6 amp charger, why are you saying it will only charge to 5000mah, then have to restart the charge cycle to finish charging the 6500mah batteries?
    Thanks

The 6Amps is a charge rate only. The 5000mah is a capacity cut off value.
    If you have a 8000mah battery and use 50% of it then with the cut off still enabled you can put the 4000mah back into the battery in one go, as this is less than the 5000mah capacity limit.
    But if you use 80% of the battery and the cut off is still enabled then it would cut off when 5000mah has been put in, Thus leaving 1400mah left to be put in to take it back to the 8000mah pack. Therefore you would have to restart the charge to get that extra 1400mah back into the pack.
    If the cut off is disabled then the pack would just charge in one go as there will be no cut off limit. But the time limit could be reached and this might need adjusted.
    If you have a fixed low voltage cut off and see how much capacity goes into the pack and is under 5000mah then adjust it close to that level.
    If you use more than 5000mah then disabling the cut off and maybe adjusting the timer will be your alternative safety feature.
    It's best to use one safety feature at least.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

RC Competitor
    So the traxxas has a 5000mah cutoff.
    I just order the charger and dual charging board.
    Just trying to learn as much as I can.
    Thanks

I think all chargers have a capacity cut off, Some safety features can be turned off, some features can't.
    The cut off won't have any effect on charging, If you hit the cut off limit just simply restart the charge and the charger will carry on where it left off voltage wise.

RC Competitor
    I just have the standard .8 amp chargers, and they keep charging until batteries are fully charged and balance.
    I don't think they have a cut off. It takes my 5000mah batteries about 10 hours to charge and balance. I could be wrong about the cut off.

I should of used, All smart chargers if that's the correct term instead of all chargers.

RC poster
    Not really topic related, but I am very an am wondering hound to post a thread? Could someone help please.

RC poster
    Whoops meant to be very new*