Thread: Slipper Clutch

RC Racer

Slipper Clutch

Is there a way to adjust the slipper clutch without having to take the rearend off?
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv

RC Qualifier
    If you don't run in an area with small rocks, i'd just remove the center gear shaft cover so you can adjust it without removing anything.

RC Qualifier
    ^exactly. Use the open end wrench. Place wrench on nut and push truck forward to tighten, and push backwards to loosen. I find its the best to just remove the back end to achieve a more precise adjustment.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Champion
    That's what I did. Just remove clear cover. It's a lot easier then messing with the rear end

RC Racer
    Alright guys thanks for the responses. I already run without the driveshaft cover. Just thought there would be an easier way.
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv

RC Qualifier
    ive seen this suggested before, however, I don't see how you would be able to know what your slipper is set at. I like using the hex wrench so I know if im at 1/2 turn, 3/4 turn, 3/8 turn, etc....that method seems like it would be a bit trickier to know.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by troyhebert View Post
    Alright guys thanks for the responses. I already run without the driveshaft cover. Just thought there would be an easier way.
    The only two ways. Take rear end off or remove cover and so it from top. Sorry if these 2 wasn't helpful.

I will not run my truck without the center shaft cover because it stops little rocks and some dust getting in to the slipper clutch bearing....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!