Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    Nice pics! Now your making me want a telly....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Champion
    Thanks, I had a good time with it yesterday too, now I just need my laptop back from the shop to see how the onboard video I shot looks.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    What is the theory behind setting up shocks for a truck like this? I'm guessing really light oil, and the softest (linear) springs that will hold the truck up. I've set up go fast and jump off roaders, but never anything like this.
    Honestly, the oil, springs, and pistons are all box stock and mounted in a way to give it a bit more ride height and soften things up. Now if I were to get my hands on a pair of Maxx shocks, I'd mount them up front to try and get some extra droop out of the truck since the Maxx shocks are right between the stock front and read shocks in length.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I did not know the rear shocks were longer than maxx shocks. How about rear shocks up front, with shorter ball ends?

Are these shocks physically the same as the shocks on the slash 4x4 standard edition? I have a set of those I could probably resurrect. And maybe install 30wt oil and telly springs. I also have a rustler that's been in pieces for at least two years that could donate shocks haha.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 12-15-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Champion
    These are basically the same shocks that have been on the Rustlers and Stampedes since they first came out 20 years ago and the Slashes inherited them. Other than springs, these should be the exact same as the Slash 4x4 shocks you already have. I have thought about putting the X-Long Maxx shafts in the front with some kind of compression limiter to keep the piston from hitting the bladder.
    Aw, Biscuits!

I thought they were the same shocks, just with progressive springs. I might just try rear shocks all around then. I appreciate all your tips. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your truck.

RC Champion
    Should be interesting to see how your's works with the XX-Long shocks up front, I think I'm going to add some lead to the rims at some point too. Might even investigate adding some lead or Pinecar Tungsten to the Rx Box to try and shift the weight around. That likely won't happen until after Christmas though, I work for a hobby shop and we have been busy and today will be my last day off until the 25th.........hope I'll have the time to go buy some silly putty
    Aw, Biscuits!

You lucky dog!

RC Champion
    Yea, and I'm pretty sure we're all going to look a bit like this by the time we get to our homes after we close on Christmas Eve...............

Aw, Biscuits!

Better than pulling cases in a Wal-Mart grocery distribution warehouse for 14 hours!

Is there much benefit to having adjustable camber, or in adjusting toe, while crawling?

RC Champion
    Better than pulling cases in a Wal-Mart grocery distribution warehouse for 14 hours!
    One nice part about working in a distribution warehouse, no boarder line crazy customers! I used to work for an OSCO Drug and a Toy's "R" Us including doing both for a year........nearly fell asleep driving home a few times that Christmas after pulling 2 shifts that equaled those hours between 8am at one and finished at 12 midnight at the other, only to start over again at at 8am the next morning........not fun. The next Christmas I was down to one job and that was working overnight at TRU, mostly with the store close, one of my smarter choices there too.

Is there much benefit to having adjustable camber, or in adjusting toe, while crawling?
    Honestly, not sure on Camber, but I do have some Toe-Out tuned in and I actually have a bit more steering with the way it's set up too!
    Aw, Biscuits!

This is true. I'd imagine there can be some tough customers this time of year...unfortunately, that isn't what this season is supposed to reveal in people.

Updates??

RC Champion
    Been busy working, plus was sick on Christmas Day and still somewht in recovery on Friday and Saturday. I did buy the silly putty and longer shock shafts though!
    Aw, Biscuits!

Sorry to hear that . I went ahead and puttied mine right off the bat.

RC Champion
    Thanks, feel much better now! Still gotta figure out exactly where it's now though, I and my SCX10 had it in my 200 when that went to the dealer for service and an overnight stay. I took them out and brought them in the house and they've been moved elsewhere while I was working and I haven't gotten around to looking/asking for/about them just yet.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    Finally got the putty in the diffs and pulled that cage thing from the back of the truck. Also picked up some lead for forward weight (wheels and chassis), X-Long shock shafts to try and get more droop from the front suspension and a clear stock body to paint up in more of a Cherokee Trailhawk style, like below.

Aw, Biscuits!

Hey , what color is the manufacturer ? On the body but is not any paint or ?
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
    The modz, they have begun!

Starting with a mild body drop

Then I swapped the never once used Titan 12t for a Trinity Monster Maxx 21t (wish these were still available, they make a great scaler motor!)

Then it was time to lay things out for a little fender trimming and bumper removal.

All the hacking is now done!

Now the last thing I've gotten done and photographed so far has been the getting the body destickered and ready for some bedliner..........which is currently drying.

I still have to change the diff oil to 500k, get the other pair of Proline ProTrac beadlocks to mount the Me Trenchers to, then give me a couple more paychecks, and I'll buy and install the brushed Stampede 4x4 diffs to gear the truck down. Might even get a little Model Master Flat Black Lacquer to lay down on the hood bulge.

**** , just seen. The color is not going to get here .
    What do I do now ?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by germanrc View Post
    **** , just seen. The color is not going to get here .
    What do I do now ?
    What do you mean??

Grtz,

Degake

The color I get here in Germany do not know what color can I take for Lexankarosse yet in order to paint from the outside

which the color is madness , dying Costs converted with us 30 us dollar