Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    I love the concept of it. Only had it on pavement for a few minutes afterwards. I wanted to believe it felt better b/c now rear toe was fixed, lol. I will get it into the dirt this weekend.

RC Qualifier
    IMO they are better off because before I switched if I had a bad landing it would bend a push rod or break off the end of it now its locked in! But that's for bashing not racing if your a racer than stay stock form.
    Erbe, Merv Vxl, Rusty Vxl.

RC Racer
    Put the Traxxas Wheelie Bar with red anodized wheels on last night. Was trying it out it out with the new 2s 7600 70c Lipos. Worked great until I shredded a tire...

Just got my shock oil and diff oil. Will work on those when I have some time.

RC Racer
    After a week of having the ERBE, and getting it out to bash on and off the pavement, I am totally blown away by the performance of this. I am considering pushing up to 6S, so I will be stocking up on the Summit Axels (for when I shred one of the stockers) and will attempt to shim my diffs when I clean them and put new diff fluid in. I ordered a set of badlands, and am still working my HPI Dirtbonz onto Traxxas Geode wheels (the tires are cut and taped, waiting for the wheels to come out of the acetone so I can remove the chrome.

RC Racer
    Just make sure you allow some good slipping from the slipper clutch.
    E - Revo Fixing it daily.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo2Fix View Post
    Just make sure you allow some good slipping from the slipper clutch.
    It is about 1/4 turn out from locked down. Ran it last night with 18/54 and a lot of full throttle wheelies and the slipper never got hot at all. I'm guessing that is a good thing.

RC Qualifier
    Looks like I made the mistake and got 2x 3s from spc will see how long stuff lasts lol

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxaspro View Post
    Looks like I made the mistake and got 2x 3s from spc will see how long stuff lasts lol
    Lol. Everything I've read says stay off the throttle when you land and maybe turn the punch control and brakes down a bit.

RC Racer
    How is the E Revo doing on 6S? Anything major broken yet?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindprey View Post
    How is the E Revo doing on 6S? Anything major broken yet?
    Haven't gotten the charger yet to charge em up

Should be here tomorr

RC Racer
    Haven't gotten the charger yet to charge em up

Should be here tomorr
    What charger did you go with?

RC Qualifier
    206b with p350 ps with there modular board progressive rc

RC Racer
    Good choice!

RC Racer
    So I have been working a pair of Dirtbonz tires onto some 1/2 offset 3.8 Desperados, and finally got them set. There is a little wobble to them from the cuts I had to make, but they performed well, very well. I'm running in very loose dirt, almost silt, and they gave me enough grip to keep it straight on WOT, and still hook up when power sliding. The True Trac is awesome.

Next will be to change out my shock oil and diff oil.

Still running 4S with 18/54 gearing. I'm in LA, and this morning it was 85* out and ESC was running 140* and motor about the same. Thinking of going 20/54 for some more top end. I'm mostly doing pretty fast runs in the dirt.

RC Racer
    Finally had some time to work on the truck. I installed the Variable Dampening Kit, with the #2 pistons and 60wt oil. I have almost no preload set on my shocks, and the truck performs great for me and where I drive it. I installed a 21 tooth pinion gear today for my 54 tooth spur, and truck was running about 150* both Motor and ESC during a fairly WOT bash session. Still extremely satisfied with this truck overall. The Dirtbonz tires give great grip on pavement and allow me to slide when I want in the dirt. I have some badlands that I will install as well on Desperado wheels as well.

I think I am pretty well set up on upgrades right now. I'll buy some Summit driveshafts soon to replace my stock shafts when they break, and will probably buy an Outerwears cover to keep the internals dust free (I run in really soft dirt that covers the truck).

I have become obsessed with fabricating a simple roll cage or roll bar set up, and have been drafting some ideas for that. With a 1 and 2 year old at home, I don't have all the time I would like to work on it. I've never fabricated anything in my life, and I am not great with tools, but working on the ERBE has given me some confidence in repairing and creating, so I think I'll give it a try.

RC Racer
    One more simple thing I did tonight was install the Traxxas Telemetry on the ERBE. Was pretty self-explanatory, and seemed pretty accurate. I'll still take a temp gun with me when I am bashing, but this will be an easy update on voltage and temps.

I have a pair of 3S Lipos coming this week. Can't wait to see what this things does with all up the upgrades I've done and the 21/54 gearing. I also have a pair of summit axels on the way. The Losi Diff upgrade will follow shortly after I am sure.

RC Competitor
    I personally would be interested to see what the difference is between the temp gun and the Traxxas app.

Also if you do the losi diff mod, I would love a parts list.

You said you used the variable dampening kit, the piston you choose, how was it different from the stock piston?

Are you still using stock springs? What hole do you have the push rods in?

By LA do you mean the narcissistic capitol of the world, or the state where craw-fish call home?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by THEMANRACING View Post
    I personally would be interested to see what the difference is between the temp gun and the Traxxas app.

Also if you do the losi diff mod, I would love a parts list.

You said you used the variable dampening kit, the piston you choose, how was it different from the stock piston?

Are you still using stock springs? What hole do you have the push rods in?

By LA do you mean the narcissistic capitol of the world, or the state where craw-fish call home?
    I have seen pretty close comparisons between the Temp Gun and Traxxas Tlemetry, but I still use the temp gun so I can monitor the ESC as well as Lipos.

Just search the forum for Losi Diff Mod and you will find detailed instructions and parts lists.

On the VDK, I used the #2 piston and set it for off road. There are actually 4 holes in the piston versus 2 holes on the normal piston. On the VDP, there is a small strip of metal that goes on the piston that allows all 4 holes to be utilized on the upstroke for faster compression, then only 2 holes for rebound or the downstroke

I have the silver springs in front with blue in the rear and 60wt oil all around

And yes, I live in Los Angeles, specifically an area named Burbank.