RC poster

Brand new Slayer Pro 3.3 TQ #25 MJ edition Nitro truck / compatible accessories?

Hello,

I just picked up a new #25 Mark Jenkins edition Slayer Pro 4x4 TQ nitro truck with the 3.3 engine. Question.....can the following be added to this truck?:

1.> sway bars
    2.> rear brake
    3.> center diff

I see conflicting info online and I suspect there are different slayer truck versions out there. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fsantiago1979 View Post
    Hello,

I just picked up a new #25 Mark Jenkins edition Slayer Pro 4x4 TQ nitro truck with the 3.3 engine. Question.....can the following be added to this truck?:

1.> sway bars
    2.> rear brake
    3.> center diff

I see conflicting info online and I suspect there are different slayer truck versions out there. Thanks.
    Welcome to the forums! Yes, all of those will fit just fine, and may I add those are great upgrades to add too.
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC Champion
    Here's the center diff kit : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWEP8&P=7
    tekno sway bar kit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001HS...dir_mdp_mobile
    Adjustable rear brake kit: http://m.ebay.com/itm/191169124482?nav=SEARCH
    Welcome to the world of the nitro Slayer! Feel free to ask for what you need!
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC poster
    Ok confusion ensues....the brake kit says it's for the revo. And when I ask traxxas customer support, they say no, neither that nor the center diff will work on my car. So I'm lost...?

Ok confusion ensues....the brake kit says it's for the revo. And when I ask traxxas customer support, they say no, neither that nor the center diff will work on my car. So I'm lost...?
    The Slayer, and Slayer Pro are based off of the Revo. They share 90% of the same parts, so ya they'll fit. Some of the Traxxas reps say they won't fit if they don't know the answer, so they won't be held responsible for saying the wrong answer.
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    The Slayer, and Slayer Pro are based off of the Revo. They share 90% of the same parts, so ya they'll fit. Some of the Traxxas reps say they won't fit if they don't know the answer, so they won't be held responsible for saying the wrong answer.
    +1 to the revo and slayer being practically the same. I actually converted my revo into the slayer pro. I don't know anyone off the top of my head who I can refer you to who have installed these items but I've had the traxxas sway bar kit which requires drilling. The tekno kit does not require drilling.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC poster
    Ok I'm diving in then!

RC Competitor
    Make sure you know that the original Slayer has shorter suspension arms , turnbuckles and push rods, the body is shorter too like a Slash because I believe it used a revo 2.5 frame, the Slayer Pro 4x4 has a wider track and longer body/wheel base, other then that everything is the same as a Revo, note the Revo Platinum used a single chamber pipe and has a different center diff kit.
    Slayer/Revo/4tec

RC Competitor
    Just to give you some motivation here are some photos of my upcomming build, will start an official thread soon! All Traxxas optional parts plus many more.
    Last edited by JohnnySlayerPro4x4; 07-08-2014 at 10:16 PM.
    Slayer/Revo/4tec

RC poster
    ok guys, i have all the parts and I'm preparing to sit down and work on it but before hand I read in the instructions that came with the rear brake kit that chassis modification may be required. Do you believe or know if I'll have to actually cut material away from the chassis to make room for it (the brake)?

RC poster
    Ok nevermind, i got everything installed and it worked out well. Thanks for everyone's input. If it wasn't for that curb that got in my way and knocked my upper A arm out of its socket, it would have been a flawless test ride. :-/

RC Champion
    Ok nevermind, i got everything installed and it worked out well. Thanks for everyone's input. If it wasn't for that curb that got in my way and knocked my upper A arm out of its socket, it would have been a flawless test ride. :-/

lol hate curbs. Pin bend or was it a broken bulkhead?
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC poster
    Strange, nothing bent or broken. the upper suspension arm ball popped out of its socket on the axle carrier. I was able to put it back together and continue running fine (albeit now I need to touch up alignment). I sat there looking at it before i started disassembly / reassembly and as hard as it seemed for me to be able to just pop it back in without taking anything else apart (it literally seemed impossible), i can't imagine how it popped out in the first place without breaking anything.