RC Qualifier

Zak's Slash Buggy Convesion

I really like the look of buggies. they just look fast, and awesome. so I decided to make one I started with a stock slash I ordered a lcg chassis which wont be here until after I get back from a trip to texas along with some mip driveshafts, then I started putting some leftover p4de a arms on the truck to widen it up and I ordered front rims all the way around along with longer turnbuckles for the rear (I already had some spare longer turnbuckles but needed one more pair) and some hardware to mount the front a arms (the rear is a simple swap u just need longer turnbuckles) so heres some pics!

can u tell whats different about this shock?

here it is compared to part of the p4de lol

just incase u missed it the shock is upsidedown to lower the center of gravity

all that im missing is the parts I ordered and a body
    Is it fast enough? No, no it isn't.

Upside down shock.....interesting.
    This space reserved

RC Qualifier
    Yes the upside-down shock is strange but in theory it should lower the cog and it looks cool

......OR....those caps are going to take a beating they can't survive. That is quite a bit of pounding on a thread even if you use alum caps and bodies like big bores. In my box of junk I have some Duratrax Evader all aluminum shocks that don't have a cap. Might consider something like that or I bet you see busted shocks and bent shock shafts in your future. You will have to let us know how that setup works

EDIT: Something like this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXAMK1&P=8

I know they will fit a p2de because I used them...can't imagine they would not fit on a slash
    Last edited by Thefixxer73; 07-07-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    This space reserved

RC Competitor
    that seems pretty nice, waiting for updates

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefixxer73 View Post
    ......OR....those caps are going to take a beating they can't survive. That is quite a bit of pounding on a thread even if you use alum caps and bodies like big bores. In my box of junk I have some Duratrax Evader all aluminum shocks that don't have a cap. Might consider something like that or I bet you see busted shocks and bent shock shafts in your future. You will have to let us know how that setup works

EDIT: Something like this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXAMK1&P=8

I know they will fit a p2de because I used them...can't imagine they would not fit on a slash
    I don't jump with this truck too much but thanks for the heads up that's why I didn't do it to the front that and I would have needed longer screws any body suggestions would help me as well

Hmmm. you want a buggy body.....or a bug body? There are a few pretty sweet looking VW bug bodies. I used http://prolineracing.com/bodies/volk...ear-body-slash on my Black Widow slash.

I kinda figure you are thinking more like a buggy though. saw this on a slash once http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=302
    Last edited by Thefixxer73; 07-07-2014 at 10:20 PM.
    This space reserved

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    decreasing center of gravity, but increasing unsprung weight... there is a reason no sct on the market runs the shocks upside down...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    The JANG did that once, I don't remember the video but I know he said he didn't like it and wasn't a good idea. What I want to see is someone make a dual shock setup in the rear that works well. Would be awesome just like the emaxx