RC poster

Stampede XL-5 Stock battery/charger issue

Hello! I recently got a Stampede for fathers day. First few runs seemed fine, but now I think I have an issue with the stock battery or potentially the stock charger. I charged the battery then stored it in a drawer for a handful of days. I pulled it out today and now the truck is going into Over Voltage Protection mode when I hook the battery up. I placed the battery back on the charger, let it go green again, but same result. Fortunately I had another battery that recently came in the mail, but I hadn't charged yet. I plugged it in just to see and sure enough, it worked fine.

I am assuming the stock charger or battery has an issue, is there anyway to fix this with stock gear? Do I need to purchase a better charger to correct this? Thanks for any and all input.

Try touching the motor wires to the battery terminals. This should draw let the motor eventually draw enough power to get the pack back down to the correct voltage.
    Whatever you are, be a good one.

RC poster
    Thanks for the advice! I am a complete newbie. Do I need to do both the positive and the negative at the same time? If yes, do I just simply push back the plastic covering the splice from the wires leading out of motor and touch the brass contacts on each side of battery? How long? Thanks again!

RC poster
    I got this resolved in case anyone else runs into this. Jimdogs method was the way to go if you don't have a way of discharging the batteries. I took it to a Hobby shop who did just what Jimdog said - they took a spare motor and let it run until the charge came back down.