RC poster

2s 10000mah 25C lipo run time?

how long does the 10000mah 25C 2s lipo lasts on slash 4x4?

RC Qualifier
    Depends on driving styles, how fast, how hard on the throttle. But I have heard here that 5,000mah is about 1/2 hour. The way i drove is close to 40 mins. So that battery should run for a solid hour (apx.) i know JN will jump in with a more complex way of putting it. (Buts thats good, JN is very good about this stuff )

RC Champion
    My 7600 2s 25c lasts for 50 minutes with tall gearing and grass and everything. So if you gear and drive conservatively then expect close to 1.5 hours. The traxxas batteries are actually good for bashing but with more Mah, they get longer.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

The above times are accurate enough... run time is not an exact science since there are so many variables to take into account.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    The above times are accurate enough... run time is not an exact science since there are so many variables to take into account.
    This is very true. On a track at race pace I only get 10 mins out of a 7200. So it really depends on style of driving
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
    This is very true. On a track at race pace I only get 10 mins out of a 7200. So it really depends on style of driving
    That's a very short amount of time... Is the battery old? My venom 4600 gets me 25-30 minutes with moderate gearing on the track.

But back to the topic, I would look into the SPC 8200 Mah battery as it will give you 50-60 minutes of run time and its half the price of the traxxas 10000: http://spcracingbatteries.com/index....&product_id=66
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Qualifier
    I'm sorry to say but there is no way you can get 25-30 mins on a 4600 mah battery unless you are going very slow and in your lid a lot. Pretty much every competitive sc drive only gets about 10 mins out of the 7200s go to your local track ask them how Mach run one they get it won't be anywhere near what your claiming.
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Qualifier
    thats strange, i get about a half hour on my 4200 2s lipo and i run it pritty hard. I only stop a few minutes to dump pebbles and other crap out of the truck then continue

Mydudrevo,

Are you able to see how many Mah you're putting back into the cells while charging? 10 minutes for a 7000+mah pack seems mighty short. Either you're pulling a ton of current or something else is going on with your battery. Can you give us some setup info? Motor? ESC? Gearing? Etc.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe he exaggerated a bit, because 10 minutes is very short. I get 15 when I use the stock 3000 mah Nimh and it's not a lipo. And my vxl gets hot. I wonder what his setup is. 7600 at full throttle lasting 10 min would give high temps

RC Competitor
    If my research is correct than that would mean your pack is pushing 7200 x 6 = 43200 mah for a constant 10 minutes. That is going by your setup could push 7200 mah for an hour, 14400 mah for a half hour etc... That may be wrong, but if its correct that is a ton of current.