RC poster

is there a swap and sell here ? need a esc and motor

Hi every one let me introduce myself I'm stupid.... I ran my Spartan as a 5s and didn't take the time to tape the hatch down and sure as sugar it submarined and sat there till I could get to it. After I got the boat back I dumped out all water and checked the radio gear which is in a sealed receiver box that I guess did leak, any wAYS WHILE RUNNING LOST THE RADIO and had a run away boat, I finally found it 2 hours later and the motor burnt itself silly. I am dumb founded why the fail safe failed ???? I have to assume the ESC is bad as well but don't know just yet. If I can't find orig 6s esc and 1800 castle what is a good replacement that is affordable ??? yes the wife is not happy with me.. Thanks for any help.. Bill or STUPID

RC Qualifier
    Go to the main forum page where it lists all the forums, you will find a market place forum where Traxxas products can be bought/sold/swapped.

The Sea King 180 ESC and Leopard 4082 1600kv motor are popular choices as an aftermarket mod.

hog

RC poster
    Hog thank u I am soo frustrated that no matter where I try to find the orig parts , no luck. Who sells the sea king and leopard ? I tried OSE and they r out of stock till ???? Will the sea king and leopard bolt right in or do I have to change the shaft as well ? I miss my boat but have been reading a lot of complaints about the Castle ESC and motor having way too many failures ??? Can I run the same prop or do I need to change it up ? Imostly run 5s and dual water pick ups
    Last edited by Team21; 06-18-2014 at 06:15 PM.

RC Qualifier
    You can pick up both the motor and the ESC for about $100 for the motor and $115 for the ESC on Ebay brand new.