RC poster

Any Other Gear ratios

What other gear ratio other than 17t/36 would get you faster than 45+ mph?
    And would a bigger clutch bell get you over the 45+mph?

If the internal second gear is already wide then the other changes would be to the spur and clutch bell--you'll see greater response to high speed with the clutch bell at the expense of less off-the-line power.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Hot racing has a metal 34t spur but make sure you have your engine brace on otherwise you'll bend your chassis. If you have a true slayer pro then you should have the right transmission. Your next thing to is up the power with the motor. A losi 3.4 carb is a good upgrade. It will require a longer bolt as the nipple is shorter than the 3.3 carb. I would also suggest the thunder tiger pd7975 shock mount because I used it to raise the throttle arm and it looked like it came from the factory. This allows you to not see washers or have any play in the arm. Next I would suggest the THS pipe. I had the trinity pipe on mine but it isn't necessary. You can get about the same performance from the trinity as the THS. The carb and pipe will help you off the line. All this if tuned correctly should get you another 5-10 mph. Also try getting different nitro percentages. A higher nitro percentage in theory should get you more rpm. But you're engine will be warmer than usual.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Champion
    A higher nitro percentage in theory should get you more rpm.
    I'm sorry, but this is not correct. The primary reason for that is, the fuel percentage does not change the location of the intake and exhaust ports.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC poster
    Higher nitro percentage will give you the impression youre getting more rpm. But it's just more efficent

RC Competitor
    Wanna go faster, master Trx 3.3 engine builder @ www.RBmods.net can get your small block huge rpm and pwr gains, an OS 11k carb will give you easy tuning and smooth delivery of power, you have a very wide selection of gear choices out thier from various aftermarket sources , just stay away from Integy aluminum. More gearing = need more power
    Slayer/Revo/4tec

RC Champion
    Higher nitro gives u slightly more power while decreasing lubrication to an engine. 20-25% is plenty and an engine will run and perform its best.
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mxaustin View Post
    Higher nitro gives u slightly more power while decreasing lubrication to an engine. 20-25% is plenty and an engine will run and perform its best.

I've heard some have raced with 33% with the 3.3. But that would shorten the engine life because of poor lubrication. Every once in awhile its ok to run a higher percentage but just some fresh nitro fuel will make a world of difference as opposed to old stuff.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Champion
    U will not get much of a difference in power from 30%. The power is offset by the amount of more friction so I'm sure there is some science genius who figured out the best ratio but 25% imo is morenthen plenty. My last 2.5r lasted 7 years of hard abuse on a heavy tmaxx running 25%. And it ran like a bat
    Last edited by Double G; 07-12-2014 at 07:09 AM. Reason: language violation
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx