RC poster

CC Sidewinder 3 setup problems

Tried to install a new Sidewinder 3 in the 1/16 Summit last night. The Traxxas Velineon speed controller died for the second time and I was not paying for the "lifetime warranty" replacement.

So still using the Traxxas stock radio, receiver, and brushless motor, I could not get the SW3 to program. The speedo orange wire is facing the inside of the receiver, the brown is to the outside. Also, I soldered the wires from the Traxxas brushless motor to the SW3 since I did not have 4mm connectors. Not sure if this is causing any issues?

Basically only get all three LEDs to blink and eventually fade out and go dark when trying to program. Turn the SW3 back off, hold full throttle on the radio and turn on the SW3 to enter program mode and same result of 3 LEDs blinking that fade out and nothing.

I am using a Venon 2000 2S lipo. Called Castle, but unfortunately I do not have the Summit here at work to go thru trouble shooting. Castle did tell me that I will need to get a second 2000 2S lipo running in parallel so I don't burn up the speedo cause it requires higher milliamps. But I can use only one lipo to get the SW3 programmed.

Anywho, I am not having any luck on my own, any thoughts or advise?

Do you have the servo connected too? Maybe that one died and is causing the trouble.
    Nobody is born with experience

Silly question...
    Do you have it in channel 2 or the second slot for channel 1?
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC poster
    It is plugged into channel 2. Have not tried to unplug the servo.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Do you have the servo connected too? Maybe that one died and is causing the trouble.
    Petertje60, you called it. Disconnected the stock servo and the SW3 programmed and is functioning perfectly. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by gobucks View Post
    Petertje60, you called it. Disconnected the stock servo and the SW3 programmed and is functioning perfectly. Thanks for the help.
    Good to hear you got it nailed. Pity that the servo gave up.
    Nobody is born with experience