RC poster

Traxxas 2935 2-3 cell lipo balance charger question

Hey, I've just purchased a traxxas 2935 balance charger and I was wondering if it is a smart charger or not. Will it stop charging when the battery is full? Thanks.

Yes, it will stop when the pack is full.
    This does not mean, however, to leave the packs on the charger continuously after they are charged.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC poster
    Hey...

I recently was charging my 2cell 2200mah lipo with this charger but I accidentaly plugged in the battery upside down. There was a huge spark and I immediately unplugged everything. But there is usually 2 led lights which are red when charging but they don't light up anymore.

Is there anything wrong with my charger/battery?

Any help will be appreciated.

It is very possible that both were damaged.

RC Enthusiast
    I was considering this charger it will be my first time running lipo. Will this charger charge any lipo via balancing plug or will it only work with the traxxas lipo's?

RC Qualifier
    I would also like to know this....?
    nutty like a squirrel turd....!!!!!

This charger will charge any LiPo via the balancing plug as long as it has a JST-XH connector.

Just so you know, it will be quite slow due to its max (and only) rate of .8a. It would take about 263 minutes for a 5,000mAh pack from LVC to full. It is also lacking a very important feature for the proper care of LiPo's... a storage feature. It is a very basic charger.

RC Racer
    I just bought a 1/10 Slash Ultimate 4x4 that came packaged with this charger and 2 2s/25c/4200 lipos(pkg by Traxxas from a local hobby store)Looking at the charger box it says "Ideal for: lipo batteries for 1/16 scale VXL models" "this chargers fixed 800mah output makes it ideal for Traxxas 1400mah and 2200mah lipo batteries" So my questions are:
    1. Why was this charger packaged with a 1/10 truck and 4200mah lipos(takes 3hrs to charge 1 battery and the package included 2))
    2. What do I do with it now that it no longer works? I made it through 3 chargings (about 1 week)and now only the center light comes on green and nothing else. Doesn't matter if a battery is plugged into it or not. Also looks like the case has the beginnings of melt marks on it. I followed all the instructions,disconnected batts when green lights came on etc. I feel this charger is just too small for the batteries/application it was packaged with!!

Any help here will be much appreciated! I planned on upgrading chargers but not 1 week after purchase! One of the reasons I bought this was because it had everything I needed to get started in the RC hobby!! Thanks!!

Traxxas has an amazing warranty on their products. I'm sure if you contact either the retailer or Traxxas directly your charger will be replaced.

RC Racer
    Good to know! Thanks for the reply! Heading to the retailer in the am to see what they say. Problem is..at this point I don't know if I want another one,it didn't work well or last long. I think it's mismatched for my app/batts. Hoping they can give me a store credit towards a better unit but I'm unsure if I would purchase another Traxxas charger of any kind? Are the bigger/better ones more reliable? Suggestions? Part numbers? Just doing the 2s/25c/4200 lipos now but have looked at 40c/5000mah and after I learn the truck I might step up to 3s just for part time laughs...it's fast as heck with the 2s packs..lol

RC Racer
    The easy answer is Traxxas makes a $70 6 amp charger that isn't half bad (yours is .8 amp) or you can spend more and naturally get more power.

RC Racer
    Do you mean the Easy Peak Plus #2933 shows 6 amp? It says $119.99 and out of stock. The Easy Peak Plus #2970 shows 4 amp and id batteries only and $49.95? This is why I get confused. I seriously think I'll look at something else. Just bummed I got sucked into a package that wasn't really compatible. You would think the manuf. would put together pieces that would work well and long to keep customers coming back. 1 week in and I'm already looking at other suppliers for components..shame really.
    Last edited by Dcuda69; 01-28-2015 at 08:26 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    Do you mean the Easy Peak Plus #2933 shows 6 amp? It says $119.99 and out of stock. The Easy Peak Plus #2970 shows 4 amp and id batteries only and $49.95? This is why I get confused. I seriously think I'll look at something else. Just bummed I got sucked into a package that wasn't really compatible. You would think the manuf. would put together pieces that would work well and long to keep customers coming back. 1 week in and I'm already looking at other suppliers for components..shame really.
    The 2933 is $80 and in stock at the retailers I'm looking at. I've seen it as low as $66.

The manufacturer gives a basic charger in the package at a cost of perhaps $2 more. It's a nonissue and not something to get worked up about. I don't want them to include an expensive charger in the car's box because I already have a perfectly good charger - but they have to include something to appease those who want a RTR.

RC Racer
    Again Thanks for your replies..I really do appreciate it! I'm not real worked up, I knew i'd be upgrading.....just thought I'd get along for a few months with the supplied charger,not a few days. I'll see what the retailer says and go from there. I've seen a couple appealing chargers on the web and I'll keep looking. So you feel the 2933 is a viable charger for that $$$? Thanks again!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    Again Thanks for your replies..I really do appreciate it! I'm not real worked up, I knew i'd be upgrading.....just thought I'd get along for a few months with the supplied charger,not a few days. I'll see what the retailer says and go from there. I've seen a couple appealing chargers on the web and I'll keep looking. So you feel the 2933 is a viable charger for that $$$? Thanks again!!
    It's a good charger from a good name that will work about 6-8x faster than what you currently have. For the money and with the support you'll get its hard to beat.

RC Racer
    Thanks!! Expanding my search as we type!! lol!! I'll post back when I find something. Much thanks!!!!

RC Racer
    OK..back from the retailer. Traxxas ok'd them to replace the charger but could not give me a store credit towards something else. So I got a new 2935 and they gave me $10 off a EZ peak 6 amp at a fair price. I'm happy and charging batteries right now! I'll keep the 2935 and sell it with the car if that ever happens. Thanks for all the tips!!