RC Qualifier

How durable is the slayer compared to the revo?

Hey guys, was just wondering how durable is the slayer compared to the revo for bashing, I've always wanted a slayer, they look similar to the revo but smaller. Do they roll easy? #1 rule, is that there is no limit to how many rc cars you can own!
    2400kv rusty ~ 4100kv merv
    Revo .26 X2
    Jato .21

RC Qualifier
    I don't know nitro motor wise as I have E- conversions of both trucks. Both are durable and most parts are interchangable between the two. The slayer is a little easier on the diffs as it runs lighter wheels than the Revo and is an overall lighter truck. The slayer pro doesn't roll as easy as the slayer did but still cannot carry too much speed into the corner on high bite tracks thanks to the high center of gravity and short arms. Both are fun trucks its just more of what kind of bashing you are wanting to do. Overall the trucks are the same length they just have different arms to push the wheels out farther.
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

RC Champion
    The revo is a lot more stable than the slayer by far but it can't handle rolls as good as the slayer in my opinion. I rolled time and time again in my slayer 2.5 with 3.3 in it and all I ever did was bend the chassis where the engine mount is. (forgot the chassis brace, whoops...) the slayer pro which is what I upgraded my slayer 2.5 to. The pro is a lot of fun. As mentioned, you wont have a trouble with diffs in the slayer as to how easier the tires are on the drive train. I even put locking diffs in the front and rear and didn't have anything break (super wide turning radius, like 10 feet....). The slayer pro can be made into a racer but as nitro, it is limited. The numerous electric conversions done to make an e slayer was to make the truck to be track oriented. If you want to be competitive then get a slash and go from there. If you want bashing fun then go with the revo (that I turned into a slayer, fairly easy). The slayer as nitro can be made into a competitive truck but it takes a lot (bigger engine, sway bar kit, lowering the truck, and 1/8 scale buggy tires). The revo is also a blast and can handle some giant big blocks like the zr .32 and such...
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Competitor
    Once you put a sway kit and soften the suspension to keep it low. You'll be ok
    2wd Slash , slayer pro 4x4

RC poster
    the revo will have a lot wider wheelbase and be better for bashing. the slayer will roll more often.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by xNitroAddictx View Post
    Hey guys, was just wondering how durable is the slayer compared to the revo for bashing, I've always wanted a slayer, they look similar to the revo but smaller. Do they roll easy? #1 rule, is that there is no limit to how many rc cars you can own!
    Inbox full. Tried to pm about spartan.