Thread: brushless telly

RC poster

brushless telly

I have a new brushless 3300 kvmotor and esc on my telluride. Still running stock nimh batteries but i didnt gain any speed. Any tips on gearing i could use to get more speed?

Go lipo, better sustained power and much longer run times. But I really can't imagine that your brushless setup isn't faster than stock. Brushed motors are known for wasting energy.

With that brushless setup a larger pinion could probably be used to add more speed.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Competitor
    If your combo is 3s compatible that would make a huge difference in power, speed...and broken parts.

RC poster
    Added a 18 tooth pinion and its stupid fast now. Thanks for the tips. Will go 3s lipo soon.

RC poster
    Funny, I just bought a brushless setup with these exact specs for my Telluride. I'm hoping to increase runtime and keep most of the vehicle intact. So sounds like the 2s battery I ordered will be just fine for me. My son has a Mini EREVO all decked out if I feel like I need to go crazy fast!

RC poster
    If u go to a bigger pinion go to a 32 pitch or u will melt spurs. Other than that no complaints

RC poster
    Thanks just bought a 14 tooth pinion (48 pitch unfortunately) but I'll hold off on throwing it in there.

RC poster
    I went to 32 pitch 53 tooth and spur and 16 pinion. Perfect speed and tourque

RC poster
    Ok this is stupid but i cant find anywhere to start a new thread anyone help me please

RC Qualifier

RC poster
    I seriously dont have that