Thread: t maxx 3.3

RC poster

t maxx 3.3

I was driving my t maxx 3.3 around the yard yesterday when I was seeing symptoms of what I thought the batteries going dead in the car (loosing steering and throttle on and off) till it eventually stopped moving in general. so I replaced the batteries with brand new alkaline batteries. it ran normal for about a half of tank of fuel when it lost steering and throttle. and seem to rev up just off idle. if I would lift the car up in the air the truck would want to take off but when I put it on the ground it would not move. stumped here what could it be and how would I be able to pinpoint the problem?
    SLASH 4x4 ultimate
    T MAXX 3.3

RC Racer
    Ditch the alkaline batteries and go with a hump pack i had the same problem went with the traxxas 5 cell hump pack and all is good.

RC Qualifier
    You shouldn't have to switch to a hump pack to fix it. These things are near perfection out of the box. You've definitely got some kind of a problem there! Unfortunately I'm not the guy with a solution. I'd wait for one of the elders like snook or nitro to chime in.

No offense intended RC. I just don't see that being the solution.
    Desmosedici RR

RC Qualifier
    Actually I just remembered a similar problem I had about a year ago. It turned out to be the connection at the battery holder. New one fixed it!

In that case RC, the hump pack would fix the problem. My apologies but it would be more costly!
    Desmosedici RR

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Redvegasgt View Post
    Actually I just remembered a similar problem I had about a year ago. It turned out to be the connection at the battery holder. New one fixed it!

In that case RC, the hump pack would fix the problem. My apologies but it would be more costly!
    no it runs on nitro not battery there is no humpback for it. and I relaced the AA's and this happened
    SLASH 4x4 ultimate
    T MAXX 3.3

RC Competitor
    +1 on the hump pack cheaper in the long run if you run the truck a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by traxxas900 View Post
    no it runs on nitro not battery there is no humpback for it.
    Of course the engine runs on nitro. The radio system does not so you'll need new batteries or better yet go with a hump pack.
    The Super Derecho

The Hump Pack replaces the AA's.
    I would look to your ON/OFF switch and make sure the battery plug is firmly seated in the RX, if that plug is loose/not seated it can give you the symptoms your getting.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!