RC Champion

Jato Off-road tires?

Ok, so my LHS has a pair of Proline Dirt Hawgs (1175-00) and Badlands (1173-00) on clearance for like $10 a pair.

My question is is the Jato capable off road, mainly grass and dirt?

I want to run in my yard and not just the street, but I dont want to spend money on tires if the jato is just too low slung to do well off road, regardless of tires.

I have a Jato 2.5 geared 20/54 I think...

Would these tires be a good buy to get my jato off the street a little or should I put my money into my Maxx for the off road stuff?

Planning on running them on Traxxas 3774 rims, cause theres a pair on clearance for like $3.

Thanks for any feedback,

PTTM

P.S. I already have a nice set of Road Rages for on road

Also, if i get them, should I run the Dirt Hawgs or Badlands in rear?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-10-2014 at 10:28 AM. Reason: merge
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!

RC Racer
    I have run the badlands on dirt for a couple of years and I love them. I have not run them on grass, but I think the would get great traction (maybe to good). Btw I run badlands on my revo slayer and jato on our dirt track. I have recently changed from the 2.8's to the SCT 3.0's, Lower to the ground and a little less bouncy.

RC Champion
    Ok, thanks. $35 for a set of brand new proline tires and traxxas rims not bad so I figured that I might as well.

RC Qualifier
    Badlands are great on a jato off road. Might need to adjust gearing to optimize pull and speed.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Champion
    Ya. These are huge compared to the road rages. Almost an inch bigger. Ill probaly gear down as much as i can, whats the largest spur a jato can fit? Im a little disappointed in torque as it is and the big tires are not gonna help. Love nitro so far but sometimes miss the torque of electric

RC Qualifier
    http://traxxas.com/pitpass/hopup/new...e-Road-Jato-33

These tires are the discontinued moabs from proline. I actually loved them. The badlands are similar in dimensions. It also answers if the jato is an offroader.
    People Eating Tasty Animals

RC Champion
    Ok, cool.

My jato gets stuck in the grass without even trying, but I have stock tires worn to resemble racing slicks so that doesnt help. Its also really low.

Are the front shocks supposed to be the same length as the rear, and is there a common upgrade for rear shocks that are a little longer?

RC poster

help me

why does my traxxas speed up on me when i turn it on if you know please hel or advise some thing:

RC Champion
    Nitro and it starts moving when it starts up?

Either your idle speed is to high or your too lean, i think. Does it really take off and rev up, or just kinda roll away?

Mine will creep a little unless I put it against something or hold the break, so it should go.

And this isnt really the topic of this thread but no hard feelings.