RC Enthusiast

Unhappy Need help! my Truck turn off when i break or stop!

i just play with the idle and i just can't get it right, it souds like it just need a tuneup right? HELP ME PLEASE!

Go back to the factory settings. Get the idle set and leave it.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    To reset to factory, first screw high speed needle and low speed needle in but stop as soon as it gives resistance since you can damage the needle. Do 4 180 degree turns out on high speed needle then about 1.75 turns (or until flush with housing) with the low speed needle. The idle needle should be about .8mm open. Then check to make sure all your fuel hoses have no cracks and your exhaust header and pipe aren't cracked. Next check the o ring on the fuel tank by filling it with fuel and tipping over the truck, if the fuel leaks out then the o ring is bad so a new one of those is needed.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

^^^ Should be 4 360 degree turns out on the HSN^^^
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Champion
    4 360 turns always ran it too rich for me. I started at 4 180s then richened it from there.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks to everyone! helped me a lot, now it's working perfect, Thanks!

RC Enthusiast
    To simplify this for you, you need to turn up the idle. The lsn should be 1 3/4 turns counter clockwise from where it stops. And the hsn should be 2 1/2 turns out from where it stops. So 4 full turns (4 360s) would be 1 1/2 turns to rich, witch is really big difference for this little motor. And only 2 turns (4 180s) is only a half turn to lean witch isn't that bad. but start at 2 1/2 and work from there. The first time I adjusted my idle it didn't seem to do a lot when I got to 1 turn. It finally started to change when I got to about 1 3/4 turns.

That is wrong. Factory settings are on the stock carb are HSN are 4 360 turns from closed, the LSN is 1.75 360 turns from closed and idle gap 0.7-1.0mm open. Again, these are starting points and to tune from there, however, if you are at 2.5 turns on the stock carb that is way too lean. It is best to tune from the rich side rather than the lean side.
    Put the idle gap at the setting above and leave it. Then tune from there and remember that you may need to richen one of the needles while tuning. In my years here I do not know of anyone who has had a problem starting their engine at stock settings--give or take a half turn.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    I tune my engines idling needle just a tad HI.. When I Start the Engine My Truck just slightly Twitches on the Ground & if I put my Truck on my R/C Stand the wheels Slightly turn with NO Throttle input....

Turn your idling screw in a bit...Sound like your idling too low & lean out your HSN just a tad "I believe your LOADING UP A BIT TOO" & You should be Good.....
    Last edited by Double G; 05-20-2014 at 08:51 AM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nitropair4218 View Post
    I tune my engines idling needle just a tad HI.. When I Start the Engine My Truck just slightly Twitches on the Ground & if I put my Truck on my R/C Stand the wheels Slightly turn with NO Throttle input....

Turn your idling screw in a bit...Sound like your idling too low & lean out your HSN just a tad "I believe your LOADING UP A BIT TOO" & You should be Good.....
    Why would the hsn affect it when operating at such low throttle isnt hsn for top power?

RC poster
    Where did you get that body and lights? Does anyone know where to get that body and light setup ?