RC Champion

Slayer pro 4x4 to e slayer; what's needed?

Alright so I want to know if I buy an erevo chassis and go that route, what would I need and what can just be transferred over? I love my slayer too much to go for any other car design (maybe an erbe, those are sweet and indestructible!). Plus I could always turn it fully into a erbe if I wanted to. I know a few of you have done this so any input is good.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Qualifier
    If you have the slayer in your hand and are going to E-slayer using the ERBE chassis you will also need a complete tranny, center driveshafts, motor mount, tunnel cover, and radio box. Everything else is the same.
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

You are pretty close to me. Do you ever go to the track in Alvin or River Race track? Go to http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/traxxas/...rushless.html# and get the parts that afterdarkgames suggested
    X-Maxx Max6 | EB48.3 | ET48.3 | Axial Grave Digger

RC Champion
    I have yet to go to the river race track yet. So with that being said, I can sell my revo 3.3 chassis, center drive shafts, transmission, receiver box, engine, fuel tank, throttle servo and its box.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

Yeah. or do an electric conversion to that chassis. I just built an electric revo 3.3 http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8993480

RC Champion
    So I've counted the cost and it comes to around $100 with either the tekno kit or the erevo chassis route. That means I'll need $200 for a good brushless system though+battery(probably gonna be spc). I feel like going the e revo chassis route since in the long run, it should be lighter. That and I will be able to recoup some of my money by selling the chassis and motor and all that. Is the mamba monster 2200 good for this scale/weight? A guy gave me an offer for one for $200 and I'm just curious if that is a good deal. And what battery makes that system come alive?
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Qualifier
    The 2200 is a great motor and is perfectly suited for the eslayer conversion/ Revo. Best overall power is with 4S as anything more and it easily becomes a handful. BUT if you are good at modulating your finger then 6s is the way to go as it runs more efficiently with the higher voltage.

Weight wise it is a wash with the erevo parts vs the nitro. Personally I prefer the nitro chassis over the plastic electric because the ends do not bend as easy and my bulks actually last longer. Plus depending on your conversion you can lower the CG by hanging the batteries below the deck.
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

RC Champion
    I do prefer the idea of the erevo chassis just cause I can sell the engine, chassis, trans and fuel tanks to put money towards this build since I have a fast food job at the moment. I plan to get a labor job so I can save some for college.... Of course some will go to this...
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

Are you the guy that bought all the Slayer parts from Kyle?

RC Champion
    I bought a few of them lol. Not all. I left quite a bit. I assume you were the one who wanted had 2nd dibs? Lol my bad man.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

Ha no worries. So we've met a couple of times then.

RC Champion
    Yes we have.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Champion
    So I got a guy that wants to trade a castle creations 2200kv for my 3.3 with the losi carb and st 3 shoe clutch! 😄 Saves me time and money doing that!
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

Quote Originally Posted by ManDime View Post
    So I got a guy that wants to trade a castle creations 2200kv for my 3.3 with the losi carb and st 3 shoe clutch! 😄 Saves me time and money doing that!
    Nice! Now an ESC and a couple of 2s batteries and your set.

RC Champion
    I might just do two 4s in parallel so that I can drive forever.

Would an X wing be good if I put it in the from drive shaft? I don't want it flip when braking plus I doubt I will be driving backward on the track.
    Last edited by ManDime; 05-10-2014 at 08:37 AM.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP