Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

Digger's Emaxx Build

Hey everyone. I've posted a few build in other sections and not really anything here. Just a few questions here and there for advice for upgrades. Here is a few things that comes to mind on it.

I purchased the truck used on the forum here a few years ago. It was pretty much a stock brushed to my knowledge. A few months later I added the FLM chassis, Tekno knuckles, RPM skids & bumpers, & Traxxas CVDs & center drive axles. Last summer I added the FLM hybrid bulks/ gears, shock towers, and low profile motor mount. In addition to that I upgraded the skids to titanium. During that time the Castle MMM went out on me and I sent it in and upgraded to the MMMv2 waterproof. Last but not least I pulled the dual Traxxas servos and installed a Savox 1256TG with a glitch buster. I painted up the HPI Hurst body, and has been running it since about a month ago. It finally had all it could and went to the grave. LOL

Let me see if I can find some old pics and show you it's progression over the years. I've changed a few things here in the past month.

Thanks for reading.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I still love that coffin cheater kinda off body...looks mean.

Do you still bash that e-maxx or it has become a shelf queen, looking at that I still like metal, its funny the e-maxx has more metal options then the erbe. I am thinking of doing the same for my erbe like the FLM pede but tough luck, will leave it mainly plastic) might settle for an all FLM e-maxx one day once I finish some unfinished projects.

Where did you get titanium skid plates from, that is interesting...
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    Nice truck digger,,,@jezza you can get the titanium skid from ebay around $30.00 each.

RC Champion
    Nice Maxx Digger. How do you like those road rage tires?

Thanks guys. Yeah I picked those titanium skids off ebay last summer I believe. They are very nice upgrade. I just checked, looks like they arent as plentiful as before.

@ snow. I love em. Adds a nice different flare to the truck. I actually run Savage treads and Mashers most of the time.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Nice emaxx!!
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

I forgot to mention that I had upgraded the stock ultra shocks to traxxas big bores. Anyways I had a spare set of ERevo aluminum body shocks in my box. Figured I'd try them out and see how they perform. Being i'm running FLM towers and they allow you to mount the shocks in many configurations I thought I'd give them a whirl. They have a really good plushness and I think they might actually do the trick. Time will tell though. Anyone use these before?

Traxxas big bores.

It still has an excellent stance. Next time I throw some power to her I'll see how well they do.

Thanks for looking. I'll keep the updates coming to.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I installed a 1256TG Savox servo with a glitch buster and haven't really liked it to much. I even bumped up the voltage, it seems under WOT the wheels/steering would go haywire. Thought maybe there was problems with the steering like something catching our binding. I even double checked the camber and toe. I think I need to start back from scratch clean all the pivot ball threads (prep for new locktite), and remeasure the lengths and adjust. That's the downside to using aluminum. LOL

Anyways I purchased a Hitec HS-7954SH steel gear servo. The tooth count on the Hitec is fewer than the connecting arm on the stock, went ahead and used the Hitec one that came in the box. It actually works perfectly. I have a few Hitec and they are awesome. I'm hoping some of the issues I was having with the Savox are gone.

Savox 1256TG I pulled:

Hitec HS-7954SH:

Thanks for looking.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I run savox 2270 monster servo (no capacitor), and never gave any issues, the emaxx steering is a bit sloopy, it is all due to the steering bellcrank, what I did was put another servo saver and it improved 100%.

my build http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...red-by-CC-1717
    Last edited by NFS; 05-06-2014 at 08:05 AM.

@ NFS I'll have to try that.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I've been running a Spektrum DX4S in my MBX-7 ECO and Savage Flux HP. So went ahead and ordered 2 more SR410 Rx's to add to my fleet. One of those wil be going in my Emaxx and another in one of my other rigs. Thinking maybe my DiggerPede. I had accidentally ordered the SR4210 with AVC a few months ago. This would be a perfect upgrade for my XO-01 LOL.

I also have a set of tires/wheels to glue up and a couple of bodys to paint up. More upgrades/writeups on the way.
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 05-07-2014 at 12:56 PM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    I run savox 2270 monster servo (no capacitor), and never gave any issues, the emaxx steering is a bit sloopy, it is all due to the steering bellcrank, what I did was put another servo saver and it improved 100%.

my build http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...red-by-CC-1717

Hey when you did this dual saver setup, using the flm chassis, did you have to make any modifications? Like dremel the hole to match the other side?? Looks good

RC Champion
    No dremel or mods needed.

I ordered a set of 3.8 Badlands and Traxxas Geodes. These should be here sometime tomorrow. I'm going to try to tape and glue them up within the next couple of days. I spend time cleaning/ prepping them for glue. I've always wanting to try a set of these treads.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Nice build Josh! I'm working on an 1/8 scale center diff in my RevoE 3.3 tranny. I think you need one too in this thing.
    I have that tire combo too and it's pretty nice on the ERBE. It's amazing how long the treads last.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

Cool bro. I swap all my wheel combos between my trucks. I'm sure they will see some time on the ERBE to.

I read your thread on the center diff you are building. Let me know how it goes, i'm very interested.

See you are going to be back in a couple weeks. Hope to finally get up with you this time around. I know your kiddo is due soon to.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    don't remind me! lol jk. It'll have to be the first weekend I'm home because I'm sure I'll be busy the rest of the time. maybe we can go out to ultimate rc again?

Sounds like fun to me. My boy has been ready to go. He had a blast that day.

BTW I picked up as couple of stock Emaxx lids to paint up to.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I really like the stock lids. Especially after doing so much modifying. It's almost like it makes the truck a "sleeper" if you know what I mean. I'll plan on going that weekend then (24-25)!

RC Qualifier
    I am saving for these flm hybrids and every night I do nothing but research on this truck. I thought I was sold on using the ofna diffs but now I'm curious about the thunder tiger mt4 diffs, I'm sure they would hold as well if not better being used already in a 1/8 mt. Any comments on this? I have yet to see anyone mention that before.

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I really like the stock lids. Especially after doing so much modifying. It's almost like it makes the truck a "sleeper" if you know what I mean. I'll plan on going that weekend then (24-25)!
    Yeah I do to. I picked a couple up real cheap. I also have a PL F650 body to. LOL

Sounds like a plan to me. I need to get my MBX-7 some dirt time.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I got my SR410 Spektrum Rx yesterday. I will now be running this with my DX4S, yay! Slowly moving my clan over to one Tx. I think the only ones that will keep a Tx/Rx of their own are the ones i'll let others drive. LOL

At first I was using the Traxxas TQi in hopes of utiliziting their telemetry module. It was a go until about a year ago. Not sure whats up with it now. I will probably keep all those Tx/ Rx combos for a possible future use. Not that I dont like the Traxxas Tx, I just like the feel of the higher end ones. Nothing like them until you've used them.

BTW I blame this on you SLW-SVT!!!! haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Haha! I love my dx4s! I might be interested in buying a TQi from you if you want to sell. Is that sr410 the new one with avc? I've been wanting to test that out.

Yeah hit me up, I'm sure I could swing something.

I accidentally ordered the SRS4210 with AVC for my Savage Flux. Totally sweet bro.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Nice. I want to give my wife's buggy a new tx/rx with the AVC. I'm really interested in the new Losi Mini 8t coming out soon. It comes with a DX2e and the srs4210. I think I'm going to sell my mini 8ight and get the 8t so I can kill two birds with one stone. Those receivers are 100 by themselves! Might as well get a controller and new car for $150 more... How do you like that Savage and when did you get it? must be recently since it has that rx

A little update.

Painted up a new Emaxx body. Also mounted some Badlands on Geodes. Man these treads have some good traction.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    That colour is just great, metallic burgundy, classic
    Live life to the fullest

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    That colour is just great, metallic burgundy, classic
    Thanks bro. Its 110% better in person in the sun..
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Looks sweet mate. Love the paint job.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    Looks sweet mate. Love the paint job.
    Appreciate it. Simple and sweet.

I bashed it yesterday and the boy drove his Rusty/Telluride. I need to adjust the pivot balls for the camber again. I probably need to clean the screw threads and re loctite them. The only part I hate about aluminum arms. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Simple and sweet.
    Often times, that's the best way to do it! Great looking truck!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Often times, that's the best way to do it! Great looking truck!
    Thanks cool. You are so right. Also keeping the outer graphics to a minimum to. Check out the Telly body I put on my boy's Rusty when you have a chance. That thing came out very clean.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore