RC Enthusiast

Exclamation Stampede upgrade question

I have a traxxas grave digger with everything fully stock. I what to upgrade to it to a brushless system. I'm wondering if I can use the same transmitter and receiver too. I would like it to a least go 60+ mph I really don't know what to get to do this but I know its possible. Would I have to upgrade my transmission or any thing like that and the vxl system would it bold right in??? I just need some help before I buy anything .
    Thanks happy driving:-)

RC Enthusiast
    If you want to get 60 Mph you only need to upgrade your ESC your motor and you will need to upgrade your battery to 3s lipo I installed the Velineon VXL-3s system into my truck and on 2s lipo I can get up to 40 Mph you do not need a new transmitter or receiver to run the brush less setup and you don't need a new transmission either VXL motor fits right in

RC Champion
    Yes, the transmitter and receiver will work fine. The VXL will bolt right on. Getting to 60mph will require a 3S battery. The truck will be pretty much uncontrollable at anything over 45mph or so. Be prepared to break many parts.
    All those who believe psychokinesis raise my hand

RC Enthusiast
    OK thanks alot:-) :-)

RC Champion
    60mph is that peak speed or bashing speed?

a 3s lipo will be a must and for higher speeds then about 40mph I would recommend to go with the castle creations sct race pro system. -mamba max pro+3800kv 4 pole motor- this system has a better esc and the motor has a lot more torque for higher speeds with less heat then the vxl system.

since you said all stock I would have to say get some bearings to replace the wheel bushings. and balanceing your tires is a must either way for going high speed
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Champion
    Start by upgrading every other part on the truck first cus you will be crashing more than driving at those speeds.
    Kid at heart......and always playin around

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks this was very helpfull

RC Champion
    things for durability I would start off with are aluminum caster blocks and a traxxas or rpm front 2wd slash bumper.
    the caster blocks are to common of a part to break when they are plastic. and the front slash bumper will dampen the front impact away from the truck and possibly the tires/suspension
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo