RC Competitor

Self Build Setup - Questions.

Anyone that is into PC's and loves to build them knows you can either buy a complete PC which cost more, build your own from buying the parts needed which is way cheaper, but the another option is going through a "build your PC" setup like on dells site where your choose your motherboard, your memory, case, etc..

Is there a thing like this for RC cars?

Like Step 1:
    Choose a chassis.

Step 2:
    Choose a motor.

...etc.

Thank you!

RC Qualifier
    not that i know of. But all you have to do is go on ebay and its pretty much the same.

1) Buy a roller
    2) electronics
    3) wheels & tires...if they don't come with roller
    4) upgrades

RC Champion
    ^^^ The above cost me waay more than just getting a box stock Rally Just because of all the upgrades, and parts required that turned into upgrades!

RC Champion
    What you can do is buy a brand new rally then upgrade it to how you like it and sell what you don't need or keep for a spare. Traxxas doesn't offer a build your own car option sadly. They make things specifically in certain packages only to keep labor and the space they use down. They would probably need to add another 1000 sq/ft to make that a possibility and that is a lot of money.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I normally build mine from the ground up, but with my rally I bought it as a roller off eBay and its been transformed to somewhat different

Ebay is the way to go if you want to buld it up.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Qualifier
    Iv bought rtr and sold the electronics brand new and some other stuff tx/rx etc... To recoup some funds. Iv also built from the ground up and also bought rollers and gone from there. I prefer to build from the ground up but also liked the other ways as well. Building from the ground up can be pricy because you end up buying your upgrades in the beginning.

If I were going to build from the ground up, I personally would start with an Ultimate edition Slash 4x4 chassis. That way you get a good amount of upgrades from the beginning of your build.
    Slash Ultimate El Sob special MIP King Headz 3PL

RC Champion
    I started with an Ultimate, its my least mudded vehicle of the 3. The other 2 Rallys were built from Rollers, and were the most fun to find parts for.

I could subscribe to the business model Elite cow states, and like it! Now if only somebody could pull all the fine inventory from various manufacturers together and offer this

I going to build another car, and would like this option, already

RC Qualifier
    a lot of what i enjoy is the actual build out. choosing parts that i want, reading reviews and yes, even making some mistakes. having the option of clicking radio buttons and selecting items or upgrades for someone else to build into my trucks just doesn't seem desirable to me.

RC Champion
    I agree, and I don't want them to assemble it, just more a one stop shop.... Oh, wait ebay is sort of like that

All I've done to my Rally is upgrade to a Kingzhead bearing adapter. But I broke an A-arm yesterday so I may begin upgrading.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...