RC Competitor

Need a Slipper Clutch

Hi everyone... Well Me & The Wife ventured out to our Local Off Road Track "last Saturday" the Track was recently Over Hauled & Re-designed & Configured... It was Really Slick TOO our Slayers had a hard time finding traction The Stock BF Good Wrenches had trouble all day...

But anyway I think WE smoked our Slipper Clutch's ( toward the end of the day ) because our Slayers SCREAM @ full throttle & just move slowly "like the brakes are applied a bit" I think with the track being slick & rough "washboard rut's" I think may have damaged our clutches.... I called Traxxas on Monday they suggested swapping out to new Complete Slipper Clutches... My question is there a upgraded clutch system 1 that will be a 1-UP from the STOCK TRAXXAS Slipper Clutch or should I just get the ORG TRAXXAS Clutches The ORG Clutches HELD UP PRETTY LONG & thinking of just getting the STOCK Replacement Clutches....
    Last edited by nitropair4218; 04-23-2014 at 08:31 AM.

RC poster
    Is there any adjustment left on the nut? Is it possible to tighten it up a little bit?

Just go with new. Or you could remove the pads and plate and remove the glazing.
    Some others have used the 2.5 T-Maxx brake pad as a slipper pad after a little modification.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    I use the Hot racing slipper system for the revo and it works great. Its one of those put on and forget systems. I also have the st racing 3 shoe clutch system on my 3.3. I prefer the set and forget options so that I
    don't have to deal with it in the long run.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

I use the Traxxas optional heavy duty slipper rebuild kit 5352R with aluminum slipper pads with no problems. A good tip with using this kit is to pre sand and scuff up the friction plate and pads before installation.