RC Competitor

Backyard RC Track

Hello, so tomorrow I get 15 yards of dirt for FREE! And I thought I would construct my backyard track. I already have a stand built. I had a pretty legit track then we got a horse and had to use the area as an arena. Now that the horse is gone and my father is in the construction business ,why not build a new track. We also get 250' of 4" coorgated pipe for free. However, I do not have a plan. If you guys could help me come up with a few designs it would help so much! Thanks.
    If it ain't a Traxxas, it ain't fast

RC Qualifier
    If it were me, I'd do a two-fer. Two tracks in one.

How you say? Well the part closest to the driver's stand would be a oval going from far left to far right. This part would be flat with no jumps. Then the "backstretch could turn left into a rolling off-road section before joining back into the oval pretty much just right of center on the backstretch.

Dirt ovals are fun too.

RC Competitor
    Great idea, I just don't have the need for a oval track, I have 125x75 and I plan on using all of it. I have a horse structure I can use as the pits. The tracks main purpose will be for my friends and neibhors(all of my neibhors have slashes or sc10's). But I like the idea. I may do something like this though but with 2 straight aways.

RC Champion
    Just google rc track designs then you'll find a number of them. What cars do you plan to run? I would only suggest an oval if you just want speed. A figure 8 would be simple enough and you can add a jump in the middle. A figure 8 can be expanded and added onto pretty easy for those who are very imaginative.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

Try reading through this thread, I might give you some ideas.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...e-RC-Car-Track!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC Champion
    Yea, wolfslash did great on his. But I don't think you'll have an issue with the city mowing over your track. But like wolfslash pointed out in his thread, dirt tends to fly when its dry. A good hard packing dirt will make driving so much better.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Competitor
    yes, I plan on running sprinklers through PVC pipe going under the jumps to keep the track moist. I also heard about using salt? What does the salt do?

Quote Originally Posted by jakefenn View Post
    yes, I plan on running sprinklers through PVC pipe going under the jumps to keep the track moist. I also heard about using salt? What does the salt do?
    Salt is used to keep grass and weeds from growing on the racing surface.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power