RC Racer

2075 servo problem

one of my servos stopped working and it gets super hot. is this a failure of the servo ?
    i pulled it open and i cannot see any stripped gears.
    thanks

Yes, that is a servo failure.
    Either time for a new set (as in 2) of 2075's
    -OR-
    Time to upgrade

Buying just 1 2075 will lead to another failure because the old and new may not be matched well enough to be tied together as they are in the RC.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer

2075 servo problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Yes, that is a servo failure.
    Either time for a new set (as in 2) of 2075's
    -OR-
    Time to upgrade

Buying just 1 2075 will lead to another failure because the old and new may not be matched well enough to be tied together as they are in the RC.
    Thanks Jimmie. If I did upgrade what would you suggest ? I suppose I could use the other 2075 as a spare for the other trucks.

I think I'd prefer the single servo if at all possible. I hear a lot about savox. Whatever the option is, must be waterproof.
    Thanks for your advice.

(Sorry, this is for a brushless erevo, I posted in the wrong forum in case it makes a difference.)

I hear about them too... that they are amp hungry and require a stand alone BEC to stop the receiver from browning out.

It is super easy to waterproof a servo. I have gotten waterproofing a servo down to about 5 minutes of work... all it takes is some time, a little RTV sealant, and a dab of dielectric grease.
    Disassemble the servo, put a dab of grease where the servo spline pokes through the case and reassemble with RTV at the seams. Once completed, it will look just like a standard servo.

I have been happy with my $20 Solar D772, but not until I fed it 7.4 volts... from what I read, HiTec makes a few good replacement servos; I just cannot recollect the part numbers right now. lol

RC poster
    HiTec makes good replacements.

RC poster
    I use the HiTec HS-7950. It is expensive but it is good.

RC Champion
    I hear about them too... that they are amp hungry and require a stand alone BEC to stop the receiver from browning out.

It is super easy to waterproof a servo. I have gotten waterproofing a servo down to about 5 minutes of work... all it takes is some time, a little RTV sealant, and a dab of dielectric grease.
    Disassemble the servo, put a dab of grease where the servo spline pokes through the case and reassemble with RTV at the seams. Once completed, it will look just like a standard servo.

I have been happy with my $20 Solar D772, but not until I fed it 7.4 volts... from what I read, HiTec makes a few good replacement servos; I just cannot recollect the part hnumbers right now. lol
    How do u give it 7.4v? What voltage would it get just plugging it into the receiver

Think you need an external BEC for that servo.

Quote Originally Posted by skmfkr View Post
    How do u give it 7.4v? What voltage would it get just plugging it into the receiver
    Receiver voltage = input voltage... usually from the ESC at or around 6 volts. In order to get more, you would need to purchase and install a stand alone BEC, create a harness for it, and feed the servo separately; because Traxxas receivers claim a 6v maximum.

Receiver voltage = input voltage... usually from the ESC at or around 6 volts. In order to get more, you would need to purchase and install a stand alone BEC, create a harness for it, and feed the servo separately; because Traxxas receivers claim a 6v maximum.
    I wonder if by changing the internal BEC of the MMP or MM2 to 7 volts still get a good result. It may not be at its optimum, but at 7 volts will a 7.4v servo not function quite well already. (just planing this until I get an external BEC). eg for a servo that pulls 400oz at 6 v and 523 at 7.4?
    Live life to the fullest

From my previous post... "Traxxas receivers claim a 6v maximum".
    Raising it above that may result in the need for a new receiver.

From my previous post... "Traxxas receivers claim a 6v maximum".
    Raising it above that may result in the need for a new receiver.
    true the receivers too have to be able to handle it, I forgot my Futaba 3pl is up to 6v only...got wait for the BEC.
    What BEC do you suggest , adjustable ones or fixed to eg 11v
    Last edited by Jezza; 06-16-2014 at 08:51 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

Quote Originally Posted by chris.k View Post
    one of my servos stopped working and it gets super hot. is this a failure of the servo ?
    i pulled it open and i cannot see any stripped gears.
    thanks
    Yup definitely time to upgrade if no stripped gears.
    Mine got stripped so I changed both to metal gears on the 2075 servos (oddly they seem to perform better with the metal gears on), transferred metal gears from tower pro mg995 that I had as I was not very happy with them. Looks like I will stay with these until they give up on me.
    Live life to the fullest

I have a few of both... the CCBEC (10 amp version) is my favorite due to the adjustability. Yes, you usually only adjust it once, but it is nice to be able to choose what voltage and be able to change servos without worrying about getting another BEC if the voltages don't match.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Yup definitely time to upgrade if no stripped gears.
    Mine got stripped so I changed both to metal gears on the 2075 servos (oddly they seem to perform better with the metal gears on), transferred metal gears from tower pro mg995 that I had as I was not very happy with them. Looks like I will stay with these until they give up on me.
    interesting. i got like 5 of the cheapo servos and wasnt happy with them. i guess i need to see if u can take the gears out and put them in my 2075

RC Racer

2075 servo problem

I forgot to post an update here. I bought a new 2075 straight after and it works great, no further issues. The other option seemed too expensive and complicated for me to worry about unless it became a regular problem. This was supposed to be covered by warranty as it failed in the first week, so was clearly a defective servo. Traxxas was zero help. Because I bought it from the USA and I live in Australia, they wouldn't help me AT ALL.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me considering I have 6 traxxas vehicles, have also spent hundreds of $$$ in traxxas parts and before this issue I'd recommended their product to a lot of friends who subsequently bought traxxas. After reading how good traxxas was for supposed to be for after sales support I have to say I was pretty shocked they didn't just pop one in the mail out of goodwill. I'm not ragging on traxxas here, just telling a true story about their service level.

I think the Traxxas Service is only good in the US. Here in Europe it is horrible because another Company called Multiplex distributes the traxxas products and does the service.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 06-17-2014 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skmfkr View Post
    interesting. i got like 5 of the cheapo servos and wasnt happy with them. i guess i need to see if u can take the gears out and put them in my 2075
    Yeah do check them out. I have always been happy with the 2075 and have rebuilt three up to date. The two that has metal gears have been great , no issue at all.
    Live life to the fullest

RC poster
    one of my 2075 servos just went out and i wanted to upgrade to a metal gear servo, so can anyone help on what metal gear servo is most reliable for e-max brushless?