RC Competitor

Traxxas rally durability issues

Alright so I'm currently uploading some videos I'll add them once there done. I have done almost every upgrade I can and I still break a bounch of stuff. My 2 buddies have slash 4x4's and can do whatever I do to mine and the just keep going like the energizer bunny. Today I broke a font diff case and broke my Rpm front bulkhead just hitting into a ramp just the initial entry to the ramp just snapped it. I'm questioning if the lcg chassis can handle abuse like the hcg. I understand that jumping 30-40 feet into the air is alot to ask nothing to break but the hcg slashes only have broken body mounts the past couple trips out and nothing like the 20-40$ a trip I tend to spend on parts doing the same.
    In the 2nd video he takes a 40+ mph trip straight into a steel sign and just knocked the battery out. I just ant understand.

I just want some input from the community on experiences and what can be done to further enhance the rallys durability.

RC Competitor
    My main question is... How did you break a RPM part?
    If parts ain't flyin', you ain't tryin'

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse002100 View Post

......I just want some input from the community on experiences and what can be done to further enhance the rallys durability.
    Yeah, go back to a 2s and stop driving it like you hate it

Seriously, I drive my Ultimate with 2650/MM2 on 3s very hard, jumping and flying through the air as if it's Superman, seldom backing down from anything, however don't seem to trash it like you do yours.... Driver input?

RC Competitor
    Well Rc rocks I have a bag of 10+ broken rpm a arms, turn knuckles, c hubs, and now a front bulk head. I'm going to send it in and see win they will warranty any of it.
    Viper I hang out with super superman bashers, if I was being conservative I just would be part of the gang lol. But their hcg slashes just don't die. I want my lcg to live and prosper. I raised my suspension up some more hoping it absorbes better that it did.

I just don't want to get left recording the fun stuff after I jump mine 5 times and it implodes.
    I had this discussion today at he LHS with the owner and he looked and basically said I cannot sell you anything else to make it any better. I've replaced every part available with rpm and got everything else I can think of. I just tried to cut some weight off of it. The esc mount I made was 100 grams I replaced it with the tmaxx mamba monster mount and removed the chassis brace. Hope it helps.

I just want to find a piece of the wire wrap to clean it up a little.

I just broke a stock A-Arm on my Rally after hitting a curb and it wasn't going very fast at all. It looks like the material around the pin was pretty thin.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    Well it takes me a quarter pipe 20+ feet in the air to destroy stuff. Mostly have been breaking a arms. I also pull the front bumper mount out of the diff case. It has not happened since I switched to slash proline body mounts. They are a lot better imo there connected to the rpm shock towers. Now rpm just needs to make nerf bars. I've been thru 3 sets so far.

RC Qualifier
    Man you bash Hard! I like it!!!

RC Racer
    Get a center brace VG makes one I have a slash lcg and that is the only downside i have heard of with the lcg is the chassis flexes a lot more than the slash hcg. I'm going to order a VG brace soon myself

RC poster
    Videos are set to private? No Fair!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse002100 View Post
    Well it takes me a quarter pipe 20+ feet in the air to destroy stuff. Mostly have been breaking a arms. I also pull the front bumper mount out of the diff case. It has not happened since I switched to slash proline body mounts. They are a lot better imo there connected to the rpm shock towers. Now rpm just needs to make nerf bars. I've been thru 3 sets so far.
    RPM now makes nerf bars for the rally. I'm gonna order them myself this week.