RC poster

Exclamation Watch vid tell me whats wrong!

Hey all, having trouble getting my jato to run, haven't ran it in a few years. I've been messing with it for a months worth of weekends and scoured every form and FAQ I could find. The only thing I haven't done is a leak test and change the fuel lines (although they seem to hold pressure)

Thanks, Tyler

First off, you probably have a broken clutch spring or shoe. The tires should not spin when starting it.
    Secondly, engines need four components to run: air, fuel, compression and glow. Air is pretty much a given. Fuel needs to be pushed to the carb so make sure it is air tight. With a cold engine it should take a bit of effort to get it past top dead center. With the glow plug, remove it, hold the threads to a non-anodized portion of the engine, hook up the blue wire and then after removing the black wire from the starter motor, use the EZ Start to make the plug glow.
    Since it hasn't been run in a while, clean out the fuel system.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I forgot to ask about the tires spinning, my bad. Would the clutch cause it to die like that? If I use the remote when I'm starting it will either bog out or get stuck at 3/4 throttle untill I kill it on the fuel line.I know I've checked all the basic things you would with a regular engine but shouldn't it at least idle or be able to gradually give it fuel and it run on the factory carb settings?

A glow plug will glow easily when there's 1.5v of power to it. It needs to maintain that glow with the reaction to the fuel. Classic sign that it is gone is that the engine will run with the starter or glow ignitor attached, but when removed the engine will stall.
    Replace the plug.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Make sure the fuel is fresh as well. Old fuel absorbs moisture which can cause issues too.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC poster
    your glow plug is shot....try using a hot shot when starting instead of the e-z start system ..you can just unplug the blue wire and leave the others hooked up after it starts u can leave a hotshot on for a few seconds try like ten or so u should be able to remove it after that and the motor should run at that point...good luck!