RC Competitor

possible seized trx.15

hello, my older brothers have a 1st generation nitro 4 tec with an old .15 . i believe its siezed because last time i was at there house the engine wouldnt turn over and i couldnt turn the flywheel. but anyways its been sitting for many years and i might be trying to repair it soon. if the engine is siezed what should i do. is there a way to unsieze it like putting oil or wd40 in the glowplug hole and let it sit. or should i buy a new piston sleeve and clean the original piston? we dont have much money to buy a new engine.

I'd spray some WD-40 into the engine, and let it sit for awhile. Try seeing if it turns over after that. Good luck.
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC Enthusiast
    I have the same car and mine locked up after running it for about 15min because it has Ben sitting for about a year or so. I just pulled it apart and cleaned it with wd40 and put it back together and worked just fine. Intill I throw a connecting rod, which locks it up too

RC Competitor
    Yea I put afterun oil in the crank case and within 5 minutes it was unsiezed and smooth turning