RC poster

Mini Revo 5700kv MMP Build [Big Block]

So, over the past few weeks seeing as the snow is beginning to melt here in Canada, I decided i'd start up the old hobby again, so i did some research and almost instantly knew what i wanted to do.
    So here it is, this is generally the first few steps of all the upgrades I plan to do to it, like all the drivetrain conversion so it can better handle all the extra torque and power but nevertheless here is the current standing, just finished it last night.

Upgrades since bought:
    1/10th scale Mamba Max Pro 6s Cap / CC 5700kv Motor 3s Cap
    2 x SPC Li-Po 2500mah 50C 7.4v
    Proline Titus Beadlocks w/ Dirt Hawg tires
    35t Pinion
    Spektrum DX2E rx/tx
    HiTec Drop-in Servo
    (Waiting on charger so i can run a full lipo through it)
    I've only ran it for about 10 minutes total on just what was left on the lipos when they were shipped to my house since i couldn't wait any longer.
    I saw that the other big block thread got quite a bit attention, so if you have any questions or concerns relating to the topic, feel free to ask.
    I will be updating this thread with speed info and run times and whatever else as soon as i get my hands on a charger
    So stay tuned
    Last edited by CTrzcinski13; 03-16-2014 at 06:18 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Good luck with your build. Might I recommend foam tires if you plan on going above 50mph.

RC poster
    I'll probably be getting myself some foams once i get a half decent suspension instead of the stock shocks that come with the revo ^.^

For some reason I think this little bugger will receive some more upgrades.....
    Nice car!
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Competitor
    awesome looking build so far. my only suggestion based on experience is lose the beadlocks. they are heavy and will cause some breakage. ive hade to replace 3 axle stubs and rebuild shocks several times on mine with the beadlocks on it. havent had a single issue on my other MERV that has stock lighter wheels/tires.

RC poster
    Hmmm, i've considered taking the beadlocks off, however i think as long as i keep the drivetrain in stable and less bouncy condition, a more heavier wheel base helps the car stay right side up and gives it a more overall stable feel, for what i've ran the car so far, the beadlocks were incredibly awesome and gave the car a real smooth drive... Almost flight, in terms of how elegant it drives ^.^, so for now atleast until i find foams that i like better then the beadlocks i'll roll with what i got.
    I'm not entirely sure if what i just said is the $15 per beadlock tire talking or my logic but either way it sounds good ^.^.

As for upgrades, for sureee, i find a lot of the fun in tuning and upgrading so it won't stop for me ).
    The charger seems to be just passing the Canadian border .-., i don't think my fellow Canadians appreciate imported things from the US as it appears all my packages sit there for a good couple days .-.
    Regardless thank you for all the great feedback , really encouraging!!
    Cheers!

1/16 E-Revo MMP 5700kv

RC Competitor
    Soooo, I haven't posted in a while due to being busy and suchhh, but I think it's about time I updated this project a little so here it is, upgrades are as follows:
    5700kv Mamba max Pro Combo
    HS-85MG+ Hi-Torq Steering Servo
    Spektrum DX2E RX/TX
    2 x SPC Racing 2s LiPos
    Steel Balls

RPM:
    Knuckles
    Fr/Re Bumpers

Integy:
    Steel Roll Cage
    Red Anodized Wheelie Bar
    Carbon Fiber Chassis
    Center Alloy Drive Shafts (CVD)

TRX:
    CVDs
    Turnbuckles / Toe Links
    Pushrods
    GTR Aluminum Oil Filled Shocks

Proline Dirt Hawgs on Titus Beadlock Rims
    Brand Spankin New SHIMMED Diffs

Andddd many miscellaneous mods to accommodate space and lowering COG

As you can see in the pics, the Carbon Fiber chassis does house almost everything with the big block conversion , so happy the way it all turned out!
    The MMP ESC has the plastic housing removed and i have clip mounted the fan above the battery housing
    where the MMP lies alongside the RX! Looks fantasticcc

Let me know what you guys think!
    Last edited by Conrad13; 05-10-2014 at 02:56 PM.
    I drive money buckets..I think they're called RC's

very nice!
    1/16 EREVO, 1/10 SUMMIT

RC Competitor
    Thanks Man

RC Enthusiast
    Any clocked speed runs yet?

RC poster
    Once the rain stops i'll set one up , and i'll let you know, might have to wait a couple days... Spring in canada is rain, rain, rain -.-

RC Competitor
    Alright, so i clocked it at 107kph (66mph) top speed after about 4 speed runs, this was running the single 2s LiPo, 35\50 gearing and proline beadlocks.
    Unfortunately after the fourth pass i noticed some clicking and the pin in my center integy driveshafts had slid towards one side and was rubbing against my chassis... Sooo yeh integy driveshafts are garbage... Keeping in mind all this was only rear wheel drive as the shafts also lost the front screw to connect the front pinion to the center driveshaft
    sooo...
    35\50 gearing
    MMP 5700kv \ 2s LiPo
    Proline tires (bigger circumference)
    Rear Wheel Drive
    107kph\66mph

Now if only i had a 3s LiPo...... O.o

RC Qualifier
    Shiny MERV and an interesting build.

Nice speeds you get there. I image the roll cage helps a lot keeping the car on the ground and the motor cool.
    How do you measure the speed, GPS?

What's the total weight of the car with lipo?

Oh, and if you dont mind: How thick is the carbon of the upper deck of that chassis? looks beefy.

RC Competitor
    Tbh, i have been running without the shell for the past couple weeks, simply because of the fact that the CF chassis... just makes it so much harder to flip, my Center of gravity is unrealistically low for a MERV and I love it so much, i have not flipped the car once since i've ran about 8 batteries since installing it, it would be smarter to keep the roll cage on, for a just in case scenario, but with the wheelie bar and the weight of the electronics mostly on the underside of the little guy, flipping is non existent to me.
    I used GPS to measure the speed of the car
    As for temperatures, i honestly wouldn't say i notice much of a difference at all when it comes to running with or without the shell, people here constantly are on about venting through the chassis... but honestly with the speeds you can take your merv and how the body is shaped, i'm plenty sure the air current through the chassis is near the same without a shell on it at all. The only thing that would maybe help is having a heat sink combined with no shell, which may have a greater impact. (IMO)
    The Carbon fiber chassis is exactly 4mm thick
    Ohhh and as for the weight >>> 1.350kg
    Thanks for the post if you have anything else to ask I'll gladly do my best to answer!
    -Conrad

I recon you might need more silicone tubing (?) for the rollcage... mine is a VG one. sooo expensive thought I'd save it from scratches. I find the tubing needs replacing at times and the zip ties even more! but they seem to save the tubing - bonus..

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Beaz; 05-15-2014 at 02:15 AM.
    1/16 EREVO, 1/10 SUMMIT

RC Competitor
    Pretty sick setup, I'm subscribing to watch!
    Satin White/Light Blue ERBE, Spartan & MERV

RC Qualifier
    Does that chassis have a extended wheelbase? Stretched?

I would think the stock drive axles from merv would work fine, as long as your not bashing, just for speed runs.
    Those who forfeit liberty 4 security get neither

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the great feedback everyone!!
    And what do you mean extended wheelbase? the chassis is a little wider, but the wheelbase couldn't be increased by the chassis o.0

RC Qualifier
    Wheelbase is not width of truck it's length. If you measured from wheel nut to wheel nut, front to back that's wheelbase.

RC poster
    Ohh, alright, well then in that case nope .
    Sorry for the confusion

RC Competitor
    Took a trip to the local hobby story yesterday anddd bought the following:
    - Center Differential
    - New Traxxas Driveshafts (Center)
    - HPI Tires\Rims
    - 60W Shock Oil

Unfortunately thinking the center diff would simply reduce the aggressiveness on the FR\RR Diffs... well it turns out it makes the whole thing go to poop, I would highly NOT recommend buying it with the only intent of saving your other diffs in the long run, it decreased my top speed by about 30%, made the front tires balloon a ridiculous amount while the rears didn't even lose grip on the asphalt, goodbye to any wheelies whatsoever, and just made the car overall a lot more sluggish. This is based on personal experience and after two packs i simply swapped it back to the normal center gear and was re-amazed at the speed of this little guy once again

Aside from that, here are some pics of the mean lookin bugger
    Thanks for following my thread so far , got a few more cool upgrades in mind so stay tuned , also I'm going to get some videos of speed runs and other things in the near future so stick around for those, nevertheless, pics;

Upgrades yet to add:
    Integy Red Anodized Fr\Rr Upper and lower A-Arms
    Integy Red Anodized Aluminum Bulkheads \ Knuckles
    Integy Red Anodized \ Grapite Wing
    And many more perhaps ...
    Last edited by Conrad13; 05-18-2014 at 03:17 PM.

RC Competitor
    Well... finished duct taping the insides of the tires to prevent ballooning anddd, about a minute in to the first run...

Yup, the nut came loose, I lost an Aluminum Hex, bearing, and the pin for the cvd...
    looks like I'm out of business until i get another chance to hit the hobby store , which is probably in a week or so...
    Just Great!

RC Qualifier
    Aluminum arms will only hurt performance. They will only improve looks, not functionality.

I like them tires and wheels, are the tires steel belted?

RC Racer
    Sweet build man. Who did you get the big block mount from if you dont mind
    slash 4wd upgraded

RC Competitor
    I don't think they'd have too much of a negative impact on the performance of the vehicle, aside form maybe weighing it down a little more? And ofcourse I only want them for looks
    And no the tires aren't steel belted, sexy af doe

RC Competitor
    I bought the MERV brushed stock so it came with the big block mount (550 sized titan)
    Last edited by Conrad13; 05-18-2014 at 10:55 PM.

RC Competitor
    Amazing.!! Lovely merv.! One of the best I have seen.

Excellent work

RC Competitor
    Haha thanks man! Means a lot to me
    Thanks for the post!

RC Enthusiast
    Hate it when I lose a wheel nut! Now I make sure to use locktite.

RC Competitor
    Great tip man! Definitely a must do for me now, debating to head out to the hobby store right now ^.^

RC Competitor
    Took a trip to the LHS today and bought some more aluminum hexs, some bearings, tool set and an interesting item i'll post pictures on later.
    The LHS owner let me in on a substitute for the wheel pins i lost when the nut came off since they didn't have any factory default pins. Looks like i'll have pins for days, i'll post some pics as soon as i get a few runs in