RC Champion

Back in a traxxas, building another e-maxx.

Hey guys, well i just recently got a sweet deal on a practically new 3903 e-maxx. The truck was only ran twice with nimh packs, then stored away in a tote for as few years. I paid 200$ for the truck rtr with an extra set of tires. I then sold the electronics, and both sets of tires for 150$ on ebay. So the roller only cost me 50$ or so. Then i purchased the brushless motor plate/ dust cover, and the mmm2 with the 2200 motor, used a 30$ tower coupon so the motor plate / dust cover, and a new pinion were basically free. Then i purchased the traxxas mmm mount, the lipo battery straps, and a set of traxxas 17mm hubs. I also converted the truck to a single servo using a hitec 5645 mg digital servo. Which should put out over 180 oz of torque at 7v. Now iíve just got to pick out a set of tires and wheels and iím ready for spring! Iíll probably be upgrading other parts when taxes come in. But here is how she sits as of now.

Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Enthusiast
    That's a great deal! nice job working that one out. Out of curiosity, why one steering servo over two?

RC Champion
    To lighten the truck up, this one servo is more powerful then both twin 2056 traxxas servos. And it keeps me from having to use a y harness.

You sure you can run that servo at 7v? On the specs it says 168oz at 6v, also considering the 3908 comes with two 2075 for a total of 250 oz you might want to run a servo with higher torque than that if you plan to run bigger tires, for the stock chevrons might be good..just my opinion.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    You sure you can run that servo at 7v? On the specs it says 168oz at 6v, also considering the 3908 comes with two 2075 for a total of 250 oz you might want to run a servo with higher torque than that if you plan to run bigger tires, for the stock chevrons might be good..just my opinion.

Yes actually i trust it. I’m going to be running response tires and wheels. On 4s just running around my back yard. I used the same servo in my savage flux hp with no issues.

RC Champion
    Finally got my splined hex set in. Along with my traxxas response tires and dish wheels. Now i’m just waiting on shocks and maybe a few other things before spring hits.

RC Champion
    Looking good. Spring is just around the corner.I'am also waiting for spring. Been a long winter here in NH. More crap tomorrow into Thursday.
    You probably get the same weather NY as we get here in NH.

RC Champion
    Ordered a few more things today, flm skids and bulkhead braces, rcraven chassis braces with center skid(they sell on ebay but they are listed as 6061 aircraft grade aluminum), new futaba fast receiver, and i went ahead and ordered a hs 7954sh i figured why not. I’ll post pics as parts come in.

RC Champion
    Got my shocks in today

Losi scte rear shocks. They came preassembled new off ebay for 17$ a pair. I took them apart and filled them up with 40 weight shock oil. I mounted the tops using savage shock bushings and some button head screws i had. The bottoms mount using the factory screws. First impression is the springs were a tad to soft so i cranked the collars down until i got the ride height i wanted (with the batteries mounted in the chassis) So i purchased stiffer springs from losi and now await for them to arrive. But i’m pretty happy with the results for the price. And they couldn’t fit better!

RC Champion
    Got my flm skid plates and bulkhead braces in. I also got my rc raven 6061 chassis braces and center skid plate in. Installed my hitec 7594sh the other day as well. These rc raven parts are beefy, i got machined finish but they do anodizing as well. They seem like a very good product and i would encourage any one to give em a shot.

I also want more shock adjustability so i’m going to purchase the flm shock towers. I want full travel but a low ride height so i think those will be the way to go. Keep checking in for more updates.

RC Champion
    Apexracing. How do you like the Rcraven lower brace? looks like it fit nicely. I was looking at the earlier today on e-bay.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfighter View Post
    Apexracing. How do you like the Rcraven lower brace? looks like it fit nicely. I was looking at the earlier today on e-bay.
    The fit and finish is very nice. They feel rock solid and the aluminum is flawless minus some machine marks. But i wanted the machined look. I havent run the truck yet but i would recommend these to any one.

RC Champion
    Apex. Thanks for your input. I thinks i'am going to get myself one. Just have to make up my mind on a color.I have Rcravens dual rated springs.

RC Champion
    Apex. Thanks for your input. I thinks i'am going to get myself one. Just have to make up my mind on a color.I have Rcravens dual rated springs.
    Yea i’m using scte shocks so i won’t have the chance to try their springs out. But the chassis braces and center skid are nice. I went with machined because the anodized ones would eventually get scratched up.

RC Champion
    Got my flm shock towers ordered. Cannot wait until they get here!

RC Champion
    Waiting for parts stinks. I'am also waiting for parts. Summit axles for mine.

RC Champion
    Waiting for parts stinks. I'am also waiting for parts. Summit axles for mine.

Yea i’m going to be running this truck at like 50-70% power. So i doubt i’ll ever wear my stockers lol. On a side note i ordered a icharger 406 duo today and a 75amp power supply!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
    Got my flm skid plates and bulkhead braces in. I also got my rc raven 6061 chassis braces and center skid plate in. Installed my hitec 7594sh the other day as well. These rc raven parts are beefy, i got machined finish but they do anodizing as well. They seem like a very good product and i would encourage any one to give em a shot.
    I also want more shock adjustability so i’m going to purchase the flm shock towers. I want full travel but a low ride height so i think those will be the way to go. Keep checking in for more updates.
    Have your run the truck with the flm skids yet? Curious on how well they hold up. The aluminum ones I order bent terribly on the first run and I had to go back to stock. But the FLM ones seem to be a much better quality.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspengt View Post
    Have your run the truck with the flm skids yet? Curious on how well they hold up. The aluminum ones I order bent terribly on the first run and I had to go back to stock. But the FLM ones seem to be a much better quality.
    They are 6061 which is a stronger aluminum. I won’t be running the truck until weather improves. Probably another month or two.

RC Champion
    Got the flm towers on, and i got the firmest springs for the losi shocks i could find. But without cranking down the collars i just couldn’t get the adjustment i wanted. So i ordered 4 more shocks. Not exactly the route i wanted to go. But they will still work much better then the stockers.

RC Champion
    Got all 8 shocks installed with 40 weight oil and medium springs, i also went with mashers, with a jeep wrangler rubicon body. Boy is this thing fun to drive!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Man thats a clean build man. I love the Jeep Rubicon body on it.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Looking good
    Apex. I did end up getting the bottom brace like you have but purple.They are made very nice. I chose purple for a different look.

RC Champion
    It sure is allot of fun to drive, And i had fun building it. I ordered a cc blower for the motor. Then i should be done.