RC Qualifier

Bomber's Slayer Pro-E Build.

So I'm finally getting some free time to where I can fianlly Sit down and get started on this build. The chassis has only been sitting on my bench for a couple months now. lol.
    Well to start off this was my first RC when I got back in the hobby few years back. This last summer she sat there the whole time never once got taken out and mistreated. lol. Than I can across TruDyn and Picked up their Carbon Fiber Contour Colored chassis, And next plan was to convert it to brushless.
    I finally picked up my first order the othe day. I'm replacing pretty much all the plastics, aluminum dif cups, I-bar support for front dif (running locker in rear dif), Traxxas aluminum tie rods and pushrods, Tekno Brushless conversion kit. Than for the power plant think I've narrowed it down to a MM2/2650 combo. For wheels and body I really haven't decieded what I want to run yet I do have some SC8 rims I might try out or some DE rims to keep the SCT tire. And I think the ESC mount will make for a great GO PRO mounting base. Than just need to make a mount ove the rear shocks for the ESC than..
    But here's a few pics, got pretty late last night and had to call it quits. I'm just test fitting everything up right now, so nothings final yet. Just wanted to make sure all was good...Thanks for looking!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

And yes I'll be deanodizing my pushrods/tierods. lol
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan

Nice build! It might just be me, but I think you really need to clean that transmission!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC Qualifier
    Thanks WolfSlash....Yea it's going to get cleaned, I still have to tear it down and lock it in second gear and put fresh bearings in. Just in there for a test fit, had to shave some tabs off to fit properly. And yea def looks alot worse next to some fresh new plastics..lol
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan

RC Champion
    Let me know your total cost for conversion. I'm currently turning my revo from a slayer then too a slayer pro. I just started taking apart and a getting ready to put on 3.3 chassis. I guess what i would too know is what is the cost for motor+battery tray+anything else needed for the conversion.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Qualifier
    Well for the Tekno conversion my lhs gave me a deal of $108 (retail around $140), esc/motor combo price is around $300, batteries I run SPC and those range from $50 bucks and up. But I was helped out there, cause I already have batteries to use. And than you cant forget a decent lipo charger also.
    Hope that kind of gives ya a idea on some pricing. Anything else feel free to ask..

Forgot bout your pinion gears and some hardware to lock out the transmission, but those are minor things....
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan

RC Qualifier
    Man that is nice keep the pics coming

RC Champion
    So about $500..... I'd rather buy a slash brushless for that much and get better handling...
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Qualifier
    Handling is one thing I want to see what the big difference is between the two. Cause I've always loved my Slayer Pro, but was also bit by the slash bug last summer. But I'll have my SSC Slash and almost stock lcg Slash to compare it to once I get some track time with them..
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan

RC Qualifier
    Any updates?
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

RC Qualifier
    More pics now!!!!! Lol

RC Qualifier
    Can you report which handles better, this or your slash?
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

RC Champion
    What size or part number pinion gear do you use with the revo spur?
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Qualifier
    So I've finally have had some time to sit down and get back going on this project. I'm really just needing a esc/motor combo, steering servo, and driveshafts all around. Oh and that transmission still needs to be cleaned and locked in second. lol Here's a couple pics of her so far just got the tires mounted last night. I've also been up in the air bout keeping the red traxxas parts too, half the people been telling me to keep them and other half to de-annodize them. So They just might be red for alittle bit. Thanks for looking![IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan