Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm

Mild 4s cool running BL combo

Any suggestions? I owned an ERBE, and on 4s in summer it ran hot on 4s and was a bit overpowered on stock gearing if I pushed it. I would like something a little more manageable power wise. Is there a dependable bl combo that will let me keep my brushed revo stock, and still run cool when I bash it hard? 30 mph is all I will ever need with this.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Strange. My ERBE (stock system) does not get hot on 21/62 or 21/65 with large Terra Pin tires.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    There were times that I had to take a break to cool on 85+ days. The highest I ever temped was 155 or so, but only after 10 min running. I was thinking the sidewinder8+ a lower kv(round 17-1800)motor. I have seen some reviews of the hobbypartz stuff, but they are all older.

What was your gearing? I know it was a long time ago but if you were geared for 30 mph and weren't running a chassis shroud, something seems way off.

My bust, I was running those big monster pirate tires, and think it was with a 15t pinion and stock spur. It was running around 140 in completely stock form.

I am looking at these 2 tacon motors:
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m218-4465-1800kv-11t.html
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m220-4475-1600kv-9t.html

I was also looking at the cc sidewinder 1/8 system, but I am guessing that the esc will have a hard time pushing the revo around with the 2200kv. Think either of the 2 motors above would be easier on the cc esc?

The first one is slightly short and both are 2-pole, so...

I guess that means no. Any suggestions? Anyone?