Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Really overall disappointted with the teknos. I know everyone loves them but not having very good luck with them.
    Don't feel bad, a lot of fellas swear by the kingz head motor mounts and I took mine off never to be installed again.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    well last night just before bed, I installed on my pede 4x4 vxl the following:
    Aluminum TRX rear carriers, front knuckles and hubs. Also a set of sway bars, and a jconcepts chassis cover. Fabd up a custom switch mount on the rear body posts for my fans and future leds. finally got to try out my new sand paws in the snow yesterday morning too... amazing tires, but had to adjust my revo slipper a little, had it a bit too loose after upgrade.
    If it stops raining today I may get to take it out for a rip on what is left of the snow.

RC Qualifier

Some new kicks for the track at work. New wing as well cant wait to get her ripping around the track

RC Qualifier
    Didn't u just get tires lol

Tall grass bash!! Need to mow grass lol. Did a couple cartwheels thought I broke something to much brake in air but didn't

Last edited by cooleocool; 04-14-2014 at 07:54 AM. Reason: merge

Your truck looks so much more monster with the new trenchers dude....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks man! I want to lower body and get a 2011 j concepts f250

That will set the truck off dude have you through of any colours???........peace

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede4x4owner View Post
    Thanks man! I want to lower body and get a 2011 j concepts f250
    I lowered my body by just takin the round part of the mount at the very top, part the pin goes thru, and putting it into the chuck of my cordless drill and take an exacto knife and cut it to the height i wanted. Incase you needed to know. No need for the expensive proline lowering kit.
    Last edited by roscoeP; 04-14-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roscoeP View Post
    I lowered my body by just takin the round part of the mount at the very top, part the pin goes thru, and putting it into the chuck of my cordless drill and take an exacto knife and cut it to the height i wanted. Incase you needed to know. No need for the expensive proline lowering kit.
    I'm always a fan of some good McGyver work and people who share it
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    Also later in day, tekno dogbone came out in backyard. Lost pin again but still have barrel. Still curious how it popped out. The stub axle was still in the inner bearing the whole way. I was super lucky and found it! Put another pin in and it ran another 2 packs through it and it seemed ok. Really overall disappointted with the teknos. I know everyone loves them but not having very good luck with them.
    You might want to check that you didn't get a Traxxas wheel hex pin mixed up with the Tekno pins, I compared them when my original one started showing wear and I wanted to replace them and noticed the Traxxas ones are shorter and have a very apparent roundover on the end. Using one it could have potentially slid over to one side and the roundover was enough for it to slip out.

From left to right showing the length, Tekno, Traxxas, HPI Z264 pins

This shows a better view of how the ends are rounded differently, same order Tekno, Traxxas, HPI

I started using the HPI pins as replacements because they are flatter on the end and would make more contact on the side in the hole they fit in. I didn't inquire with Tekno to see if their pins can be purchased separately other than in the TK6856 rebuild kit, which I wasn't going to pay over $6 for two pins.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    You might want to check that you didn't get a Traxxas wheel hex pin mixed up with the Tekno pins, I compared them when my original one started showing wear and I wanted to replace them and noticed the Traxxas ones are shorter and have a very apparent roundover on the end. Using one it could have potentially slid over to one side and the roundover was enough for it to slip out.

From left to right showing the length, Tekno, Traxxas, HPI Z264 pins

This shows a better view of how the ends are rounded differently, same order Tekno, Traxxas, HPI

I started using the HPI pins as replacements because they are flatter on the end and would make more contact on the side in the hole they fit in. I didn't inquire with Tekno to see if their pins can be purchased separately other than in the TK6856 rebuild kit, which I wasn't going to pay over $6 for two pins.
    Thanks for the info @Trapper. Might pick up those HPI pins. Maybe LHS has them. Good to know they work.

After the first one barrel broke, I lost the pin. Install a new barrel and pin straight out of the tekno part bag.
    Ran a few runs, then broke again. The barrel was still in dogbone???and no pin. How does this happen? The pin is captured by the inner bearing. Have done a couple of runs with another pin, again right out of the part bag. So far so good. (Knocking on some wood)
    The message above or below may or may not be true

Since I dont run velineons or vxl-3s as a rule I thought I would heat-sink the motor and put fans on both.
    I just used a castle blower fan for the esc while not looking politically correct it should do the job.
    Seven rcs and this is the first time I put a heat sink or fan on one.
    Got a little sloppy with the liquid tap but they work well.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Had my new raptor body cut, just needed the time to paint, then more time to install an AMR Racing wrap. So had the day off today due to, yet again more snow! Sprayed the body yesterday with PS-5 black Tamiya paint, leaving the windows clear. Then today spent the afternoon applying the wrap and stickers. I would say that anything sticky (wraps and stickers) are the worse part of the hobby for me Not very good at it. Overall it came out well, but I was expecting better(as always). Don't know if it was my poor install of the wrap but the edges don't line up well leaving gaps between the wrap. Tried to heat up with a heat gun to stretch with little luck. I can deal with the way it looks, as I will probably be replacing about this time next year. After all its a basher, not a shelf queen!
    Next I have to shoe goo/drywall tape the inside of the body for a prolonged life. Maybe tonights project...

I think you have done a sick job on your new Ford body dude and the only time I will have a shelf queen is if I find a sick airbrush artist because my painting skills are average at best LOL.......peace

RC Qualifier
    Looks real good in the pics hirschowl. You are probably the only one who will ever see those little imperfections. Then the first time it goes sliding on its roof across the pavement none of that really matters. When i do a body that doesnt come out exactly how i would have liked it to i always try to remember that this is the best its gonna look then i take it out and run it hard.

RC Qualifier
    What did I do to my pede today? Well I got one and put some stickers on it. Lol pics coming later

Awesome paint job, Hirschowl. I got a new body in the mail today. Not sure what color it will be, but yours might be a nice inspiration.

RC Competitor
    Hopefully putting my XO-1 diff in tomorrow, and my battery expansion... so I don't have to wrap my p4de with Velcro to hold my 3s battery in anymore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Awesome paint job, Hirschowl. I got a new body in the mail today. Not sure what color it will be, but yours might be a nice inspiration.
    Thanks peter, spencer and roscoeP for the kind words! Peter, its a body wrap from AMR racing. (I wish I could paint that well!). It is decals that stick to the outside of the body. Kind of like a smartphone screen cover on steroids. And when they get big scratches, you can smooth them back out again with some applied heat. It also helps stiffen the body as well. Lots of patterns and colors to choose from. Its about the same cost as a few cans of paint. You do have to lay down a base paint on the inside as well, so it not completely paint free. The wraps can also cover up paint jobs gone bad.

Shipping was free here in the US. I am sure its cost to ship overseas. http://www.amrracingrc.com/ The mainly do wraps for ATV's, side by sides, dirtbikes, and snowmobiles, but have recently started doing rc's...

RC Racer
    2 nights ago i show glued and fiber taped my raptor body for my pede. I had one small crack on the front right fender running vertically up from wheel well to the hood so i paid particular attention to strengthening this area... All I can say after letting it dry for 24 hrs, is it is super strong. I can definatly see how this will make thed=se bodies last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    Thanks peter, spencer and roscoeP for the kind words! Peter, its a body wrap from AMR racing. (I wish I could paint that well!). It is decals that stick to the outside of the body. Kind of like a smartphone screen cover on steroids. And when they get big scratches, you can smooth them back out again with some applied heat. It also helps stiffen the body as well. Lots of patterns and colors to choose from. Its about the same cost as a few cans of paint. You do have to lay down a base paint on the inside as well, so it not completely paint free. The wraps can also cover up paint jobs gone bad.

Shipping was free here in the US. I am sure its cost to ship overseas. http://www.amrracingrc.com/ The mainly do wraps for ATV's, side by sides, dirtbikes, and snowmobiles, but have recently started doing rc's...
    Thanks for the info! I was thinking about something like below. But after seeing yours, I like that too. Still no decision made.

RC Competitor
    just installed my trenchers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darthkoolaid78 View Post
    Enjoy the super grip dude and maybe loosen your slipper clutch if running stock driveshafts and keep an eye on temps.........peace

RC Competitor
    didnt last as i blew out a shock

RC Qualifier
    Now im considering a skin body. No pics yet spennie? Wondering if you got my android tablet instructions. I sent pm.

RC Qualifier
    Drove the SNOT out of it!!!!
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    Been my fav upgrade so far but temps are alittle issue!

RC Competitor
    http://www.amrracingrc.com/catalog/b...348-00-28.html
    I do believe this will go on my new body. i love the reaper one

Quote Originally Posted by roscoeP View Post
    Now im considering a skin body. No pics yet spennie? Wondering if you got my android tablet instructions. I sent pm.
    I am on it tomorrow dude had to help my sister in law move into her new house today and its our anniversary meal tonight........peace

RC Competitor
    Rebuilt my diff "XO-1 style" and put new bearings in. Went through a 6500 3s battery that was storage charged, and after running it pretty hard, the highest temp I could find on the motor was 109F. Woohoo!!!

I was too excited to run after being down for a few days, so I didn't install the MIP's on the front. That'll have to wait until later, I've got to run this bad boy some more, wooo!!

RC Competitor
    I ran Easter eggs over during the Easter egg hunt. Lol

RC Qualifier
    I ran Easter eggs over during the Easter egg hunt. Lol
    Lol way to celebrate the holiday I like it !

RC Qualifier
    I installed my big bone center shaft lady night as let the loctite dry overnight. Took it for a test and had no front wheel power. Grub screw on the front shaft came loose. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to run it. Lol.

RC Competitor
    I did my first back flips BABY!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcWV...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by darthkoolaid78; 04-18-2014 at 05:35 PM.

No much, just replaced my broken rear A-Arms with some new ones

Tadaaaaaa!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas esc fan !! See how my temps do now

It all helps dude and your truck is coming along nicely bro........peace

RC Qualifier
    Thanks ! Alittle at a time, haven't broke anything

RC Qualifier
    Received my 4x4 pede this past weekend and finally had a chance to install the new power plant and goodies!
    -Castle 1410 3800kv, Mamba Monster 2, 13t Pinion
    -Traxxas Aluminum bearing adapter
    -Traxxas front steel drive hub
    -MIP X-Duty Metal drive shafts all around
    -Talons on Proline Chrome Desperado wheels
    -Lowered body
    -TBone Racing Bumpers
    -stiffer springs(not sure which, bought truck with shocks installed)

Wait list:
    Steering bell crank
    Front body mount
    Castle creations USB link

Sent from my neXus⁴ using tapatalk 2
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SlowTRX View Post
    Nice set up but you better reinstall your front bumper. It captures the front hinge pins. If not they will come loose and break on a front impact when the t-bone bumper flexes. I found out the hard way about a year ago. It looks like the one on the right side of this picture is already backing out...