Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    Got one of three packages in the mail. The ESC arrived a day early. Motor should be here tomorrow, then the RX on monday or tuesday.
    Dude I am looking forward to your reaction on your new power house combo keep us updated .......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C-AREVALO View Post
    Lowered the body on my Stampede...

[/URL]
    Nice Job dude!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Can't wait for the weekend, finally it will feel like spring.
    4x4 Pede VXL Brushless, 2S LiPo. Bought Feb. 2014

Yeah the sun is coming out and I can't wait dude.......peace

RC Competitor
    Lowered the body to the absolute minimum and put trencher SC's on split six rims to match the lowered body...now that I have the regular trenchers and the sc's, I can go from semi race ready and back to big tire, ride high monster truck with a few turns of a wrench...

Also added blue aluminum wheel nuts, I kind of like the steel ones better, but I'll see how these hold.
    MERV
    p4de
    LaTrax Rally
    Stampede 2x4
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    We went to the local area to bash with four guys. My tire came unlued, neighbors reciever was having issues, his buddy toasted the plastic slipper adaptor and the last guy toasted his Mamba Monster in a puddle. I got it all on my gopro too! Lol!

Just replaced the 4 (M3x15) screws that connect the camber links to the shock towers with longer ones (M3x20) and secured them with a lock nut since they come loose sometimes.

Common issue with the soft plastic of the Shock Towers.

Last edited by soundmaster; 03-29-2014 at 07:26 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by affinityofmist View Post
    Lowered the body to the absolute minimum and put trencher SC's on split six rims to match the lowered body...now that I have the regular trenchers and the sc's, I can go from semi race ready and back to big tire, ride high monster truck with a few turns of a wrench...

Also added blue aluminum wheel nuts, I kind of like the steel ones better, but I'll see how these hold.
    Really want to run the sc trenchers ! Looks nice !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrsilv15 View Post
    We went to the local area to bash with four guys. My tire came unlued, neighbors reciever was having issues, his buddy toasted the plastic slipper adaptor and the last guy toasted his Mamba Monster in a puddle. I got it all on my gopro too! Lol!
    Upload video now. Lol plz

Over 200 posts in here, thanks guys for liking this tread as much as I do !
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-29-2014 at 09:00 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    It is a great thread. A lot of times I have things I do to my p4de and don't want to start a useless thread. I do get excited when I upgrade or have a great bash session. So this is the perfect place to talk about it.

RC Qualifier
    I just recently got the gopro. Haven't uploaded any vids on YouTube before. I didn't get us, just the MM going up in flames. My tire came unglued 3 mins into my run. I was going to mount it inside to watch all the hill climbs.

RC Qualifier
    Haven't broke anything since I bought it about 1 1/2 month ago. I was bashing yesterday, I jump it every time I run it so that's good in my book. My neighbor was over with his slash 2wd he flipped his over on a bad landing mine was in the air already so needless to say almost smacked his truck, my wheelie bar smacked his body. But it's all good lol

Today I changed the punch control on my Hobbywing WP-SC8 from 3 to 9, since I'll be running on 3s instead of 4s the next runs and also the new E-Revo heavy duty slipper should handle the power of the castle 1415 better than the small stock slipper.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 03-30-2014 at 11:44 AM.

The revo slipper will handle all what your 2400kv can throw at it dude......peace

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    The revo slipper will handle all what your 2400kv can throw at it dude......peace
    Nice to hear!

Hopefully my replacement MIP 17 mm Adapter will arrive tomorrow and I can run my Stampede with the upgraded parts (slipper, bearing adapter and aluminium motor mount) for the first time.

I will use red loctite this time to secure the grub screws on the MIP 17mm Adapters and hope that this breakage was a one-off

RC Qualifier

Brand new trenchers ! There like night and day compared to stock ! Holy crap ! Love them

Lol and they look a lot better too.
    Nobody is born with experience

Trenchers are awesome. No comparison to the stockers.

BUT: More grip = more Stess on all components

RC Racer
    I recently got some too and they are pretty awesome! I almost never could do a wheelie with the stock ones but now it's almost wheelies on command

RC Qualifier
    Yeah there awesome ! I have cheap MIPS in the back so hopefully I won't put to much stress on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pede4x4owner View Post
    Yeah there awesome ! I have cheap MIPS in the back so hopefully I won't put to much stress on anything.
    With Desperado's you always have the risk of stripping a hex. Tighten them good enough.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks I did blue loctite and got them tight. Hopefully won't mess up any hexes cuz I sold the stock wheels already lol

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    With Desperado's you always have the risk of stripping a hex. Tighten them good enough.
    Is this a problem with all Pro-line (12mm?) hex rims or just the desperado's? My trencher sc's are mounted to split six rims and I don't wish them to strip...ever as it was a pain to get them glued right. Is it more a function of the rotating mass of the tire? The sc's are quite a bit lighter.
    MERV
    p4de
    LaTrax Rally
    Stampede 2x4
    T-Maxx 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by affinityofmist View Post
    Is this a problem with all Pro-line (12mm?) hex rims or just the desperado's? My trencher sc's are mounted to split six rims and I don't wish them to strip...ever as it was a pain to get them glued right. Is it more a function of the rotating mass of the tire? The sc's are quite a bit lighter.
    It's a problem which is caused by applying too much power at take off and braking, especially when you have lots of grip. Rotating mass is absolutely a factor. Setting your slipper not too tight helps a lot.
    Bear in mind that you apply more torque with a lower gearing or of course with a more powerful combo.

RC Qualifier
    Ima keep my finger crossed. If they stripe it will be sitting for awhile lol I'll have to take the tires off and buy wheels

RC Qualifier
    Just did some more bashing with my new trenchers they jump different from stock had to get use to it. 118 on esc around 60 outside motor was about 100. Scared of rounding my hexes now thanks peter lol

I stripped the 12 mm hexes on my stockers and trenchers. Now I am on 17mm

Unglued the trenchers from the desperados and put them on 3.2 proline revolver stablemaxx rims. Little bit of work but definitely worth it.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 03-31-2014 at 06:25 PM.

RC Qualifier
    How long did it take to strip ?

RC Qualifier
    Just did some more bashing with my new trenchers they jump different from stock had to get use to it. 118 on esc around 60 outside motor was about 100. Scared of rounding my hexes now thanks peter lol
    Keep them wheel nut tight!!! Use blue lock tite on threads and let dry. I have yet to strip a hex. ... Hopefully it stays that way. I typically check the nuts during my runs too. I have found them loose, and probably would of striped some hexes if it wasn't for my OCD...
    The message above or below may or may not be true

How long did it take to strip ?
    About 5-10 runs on 4s.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    About 5-10 runs on 4s.
    Lol I won't be on 4s for awhile but thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    Keep them wheel nut tight!!! Use blue lock tite on threads and let dry. I have yet to strip a hex. ... Hopefully it stays that way. I typically check the nuts during my runs too. I have found them loose, and probably would of striped some hexes if it wasn't for my OCD...
    I am with you on that dude I like to check my wheel nuts at least once per lipo pack and I did not on Saturday and I stripped my rear right hex so keep an eye on them guys...........peace

RC Qualifier
    Which wheels did you strip

Lol I won't be on 4s for awhile but thanks !
    maybe it was 3s. I cant remember.

Which wheels did you strip
    I stripped my right rear desperado with the proline dirt hawgs on them but I was driving it like I stole it and I did not check my wheel nuts in between lipo packs......peace

RC Qualifier
    Oh dang man

Well by tonight I am back in the proline trenchers club because I missed the grip on grass and the extra ground clearance that I did not get with the dirt hawgs.......peace

RC Qualifier
    Swapped out the stock shafts with TiNi hardened steel shafts. Removed the RPM shock guards (kept spinning around the shock) and installed shock socks (these are great! Losi 30w up front, 35w out back. And a good rinse with dawn.

Not today but few days ago. Did the battery tray mod to balance weight as much as possible.

And about a week ago. Installed the rpm slash skid. These are a must!

And some extra pics just for fun...

Sent from my neXus⁴ using tapatalk 2
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    I stripped my right rear desperado with the proline dirt hawgs on them but I was driving it like I stole it and I did not check my wheel nuts in between lipo packs......peace
    What u use to tight them? I use 1/4 drive ratchet

RC Racer
    replaced my RR broken tekno barrel.
    Replaced broken ten-t shock cap.
    Installed CC MMP/1410

Stampede 4x4 VXL