Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Had a great day at bmx jumps. OK now I know that badlands are awesome tires. Off road of course. They hook in short grass and I can still drift through the leaves. Here are some pics of the jumps and the skate bowl.. And here is my p4de after a clean up. Glad I tore into it a little because the king head bearing was almost seized lol. Cleaned up the bearing and packed with marine grease this time. oh ya all I broke was a front lower shock screw. Well it bent and pulled out the a-arm. Stainless is pretty but sure does bend easily lol. What a great day.....stepson had fun too. That's his red p2de in the bowl pic.....peace

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Nice pede man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede4x4owner View Post
    Nice pede man

Thank you and thanks for this thread. Oh to answer your question from yesterday. The 9 tooth pinion is working out great! After blasting through grass I was seeing temp of around 140deg. I believe ambient temp was in the 60's. So it looks like I've dropped about 10 deg going from 11 to 9. Still running stock 54 spur. Hope this info helps

RC Qualifier
    Awesome when i get a 3s lipo I'm gonna run a 9 tooth pinion to be safe! Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Awesome when i get a 3s lipo I'm gonna run a 9 tooth pinion to be safe! Thanks

Oh my temp readings were bogus I think. While cleaning my p4de I pulled the rear assembly off and the slipper unit. I run a king head motor mount. Anyway the kHz bearing was almost seized. It moved but not much. So that was probably making motor and ESC run hotter. I did manage to clean the bearing then packed it with marine grease. Curious to run it when I get home to see what the temps will be.

Yeah your temps should drop even more which is awesome......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Got done with work a bit early today thanks to temps above 40*. Even more excited that the streets are dry and was going to do some speed runs up and down the block. Got home, went downstairs to charge battery and heard water running. Look over at hot water tank and sure enough its finally leaking out the top. I have been waiting for it to fail. Now no time to run the P4de, gotta replace the tank this evening. Putting in a tankless on demand. Gonna cost me about 1200 bucks, but getting tired of running out of hot water in these cold winter months.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Qualifier
    Dang man that sucks hope u get to run the pede soon !

Hope you get your house sorted out soon and get to run your pede too........peace

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys for your concerns Now have endless hot water I did get a battery charged up. Maybe I'll take it to work tomorrow and run in the parking lot before the weather turns again. I haven't run the truck since mid November. Really missing it. Once taxes come back,(have to do them first) I will be purchasing the 120A Hobbywing speed control and CC 2400kv motor along with a new futaba rx so I can control it with my Futaba 4pls...

'

RC Qualifier
    It's gonna be a monster !

RC Qualifier
    Glad you got that hot water figured out. Sounds like you've got big plans for your p4de. I am offshore in the Gulf of Mexico working. I miss my p4de lol. Thank god for the Internet......or Al Gore lol.

RC Enthusiast
    I finally ran my Virgin Pede VXL on the melting snowy roads. Lots of splashing and I was impressed by how far electric RC has come since my last run with a 2001 Rustler on NiCads.

4x4 Pede VXL Brushless, 2S LiPo. Bought Feb. 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    Thanks guys for your concerns Now have endless hot water I did get a battery charged up. Maybe I'll take it to work tomorrow and run in the parking lot before the weather turns again. I haven't run the truck since mid November. Really missing it. Once taxes come back,(have to do them first) I will be purchasing the 120A Hobbywing speed control and CC 2400kv motor along with a new futaba rx so I can control it with my Futaba 4pls...

'
    Dude that setup will blow your mind and stay nice and cool and I am glad your hot water is sorted too.....peace

RC Competitor
    Well mine was over the weekend, but I found an epic bash spot- There's a park in my city with these carpet covered pyramid type things (all different shapes) They make amazing ramps, and there was a rectangle, rock-filled fountain (turned off) which was really fun to crawl through.

RC poster
    Chased the kid and a couple of his friends around the yard with it ... broke the rear drivers side body mount. First real trip out ... already get to do some upgrades!!

RC Racer
    Got my Ten T shocks installed!!
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC Qualifier
    Might go walking with pede wife and my daughter! If I feel like it lol. Can't have fun walking around the neighborhood without the pede ! I go in ppls yards opps lol

RC Qualifier
    Had some fun today between the mud, water, and snow. Sand paws sling that stuff everywhereeee. Good times cant wait to run in tomorrow too liking this thread by the way

Just my 2 cents

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys for all the support on this thread ! Really enjoy it there's not a lot rcs fans where I live so it means a lot !

RC Qualifier
    Well got a chance to run the truck today after work. Ran one battery pack through it before taking out my scaler for its maiden run with nothing breaking right away. The Pede ran great at speeds but had some serious cogging issues at low throttle. More than I can remember, but I have been running the scaler alot in the basement and throttle control is very sensitive. So maybe thats what I'm used to. Anyways had a great time running up and down the block. Couldn't help but jump it over a couple of snow banks. Really looking forward toward spring. We got yet another snow storm coming tomorrow...so back to the shelf it goes....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSJoo View Post
    Got my Ten T shocks installed!!
    Awesome man! I think you will love those shocks. Post up some pics if you can.

RC poster
    Heading to the LHS in about 30 minutes when it opens to pick up part #3727 and some 3mm locknuts so I can fix the body mount that broke and lower the body all at the same time. Then I will be taking it out and attempting to break them again.
    Stampede 4x4 VXL- stock ... for now.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by theSLVRBCK View Post
    Heading to the LHS in about 30 minutes when it opens to pick up part #3727 and some 3mm locknuts so I can fix the body mount that broke and lower the body all at the same time. Then I will be taking it out and attempting to break them again.
    Bring it home in a bucket lol

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    Bring it home in a bucket lol
    I gave it a good try but she came home in one piece. Lowered the body, and picked up a set of aluminum shock caps that I need to install this weekend.

As for today, she is getting torn down so I can clean everything up and get the chassis dyed on Friday.
    Stampede 4x4 VXL- stock ... for now.

Just did the last of the repairs to my badly beaten 1950s body ready for the heavy bash session me and my friend have planned for Saturdaysweet..........peace

RC Racer
    Went to the local outdoor track, and bashing is wayyy easier than racing!! that was pretty hard. Installed Tekno M6 rears with alu hex adapters. How do i post pics? thru photobucket??

Awesome man! I think you will love those shocks. Post up some pics if you can.

On all 4 corners I used the stock Losi upper mounts with Traxxas screw #2583 and Traxxas washer #2746.
    For the lower mount I used the same traxxas washer and a washer from home depot, with the stock traxxas screw, also PN#2583.

Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 08:52 AM. Reason: merge
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC Qualifier
    Ordered a integy heat sink for the motor! Not the one with the fan gonna try this one first alittle cheaper and the wires are to short. Prolly gonna bash later today it's about 61 outside.

RC Enthusiast
    First run of the year after transferring my old 2wd pede into 4wd. Fun time of the year to drive because here in mn it's about 45 degrees so the snows melting and it's wet and muddy all around the yard. Ran on 2s with stock gearing. 11/54 is stock right? I'm always a bit nervous running in to much water even though everything is waterproof because I always seem to have problems... Today it was the esc not wanting to switch into reverse, or from reverse into drive. I had to shut it off and on a couple times to fix it. This only happened maybe 2 or 3 times and only after I ran it into heavy slush/water. Anyway was a blast to finally get it running. Now comes the fun of cleaning it and drying so no rust. If I run again later I'll try figure out how to post pictures

RC Qualifier
    What parts were required to convert it from 2wd to 4wd
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

RC Competitor
    just had a blizzard other day. no running for me. i was curious about cleaning it though

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by darthkoolaid78 View Post
    just had a blizzard other day. no running for me. i was curious about cleaning it though
    I always clean mine after a run.
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC Qualifier
    I wipe mine down with baby wipes lol don't have a air compressor

RC Qualifier
    I wipe mine down with baby wipes lol don't have a air compressor

I got lucky my landlord has a compressor in the shop behind house I am renting. Not sure how I made it without the compressor before lol. It makes quick work out of cleaning the Rc.

RC Racer
    I got lucky my landlord has a compressor in the shop behind house I am renting. Not sure how I made it without the compressor before lol. It makes quick work out of cleaning the Rc.
    Thats one tool I don't have yet and always wanted one….. might have to buy it soon.
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by atclauss View Post
    What parts were required to convert it from 2wd to 4wd
    I basically bought a 4x4 roller and I took my tires, motor, esc, receiver, body all off my 2wd pede and put on the 4x4 roller to make it complete.

RC Qualifier
    Did some light bashing earlier for about 15 mins gotta charge the battery up! Gonna go walking with it later! Been 3 weeks and haven't broke anything ! Highest temp was about 145

RC poster
    Hey dirty don what body is that? Love the look of it.

Az

RC Qualifier
    Finally got my wing mounted up for my truggy build. Waiting for the body to get here to paint it up

Just my 2 cents

RC Qualifier
    How hard is it to make it into a truggy? Few parts ?