He said it was delrin plastic

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatdudewithaMERV View Post
    He said it was delrin plastic
    I didn't even see that. Thank you.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakesurfer98 View Post
    I didn't even see that. Thank you.
    Yep, Delrin plastic. I am thinking about ordering a sheet of the nylon infused plastic and building the kit out if that, just want to see how well the Delrin holds up first. And I wish it would accept dye better.

RC Competitor
    You should put the new 2.2 big joes 11 on that thing trenches as
    A backup

RC Qualifier
    You should put the new 2.2 big joes 11 on that thing trenches as
    A backup
    I would love to try them out, think they would look great on the truck. They are not available yet and I just purchased the trenchers. If Proline would like to donate a set I would absolutely put them on the truck and use them during the testing phase of the build. I have had a majority of the Proline tires available for the Traxxas 1/16 scale line up so I should be able to write up a good review of them as well.
    Last edited by Aspengt; 03-20-2014 at 05:05 PM.

RC Competitor
    Ya I forgot manye sometime later

RC Qualifier
    Broke the first part. Front skid plate snaped after a mid size jump. The front and rear skid plates were made out of polyurethane plastic to allow for flexability. But with that the piece is very thin and easily broke. Fix to this is aluminum skid plates. [IMG][/IMG] the broken skid plate.

[IMG][/IMG]
    The start of the new Aluminum skid plates.

RC Competitor
    Could u put up a running video also did you paint the body?

RC Qualifier
    Could u put up a running video also did you paint the body?
    I hope to have a running video by the end of the weekend. Want to get these new skid plates built first. No I haven't painted the body yet but I have chosen the color scheme for it. Would like to get a couple more raptor bodies to be able to change it up. Hoping to start on the body this weekend as well. I was out with it for about a half hour tonight and so far I am very happy with how it's performing and it seems very stable in the air during jumping. And aside from the broken skid plate it handled its first real run beautifully.

RC Competitor
    Nice how do you think the speed is compared the the MERV and the size to the mini summit?

RC Qualifier
    Nice how do you think the speed is compared the the MERV and the size to the mini summit?
    As far as speed I would put it on par with the MERV, as it uses the same gearing as the MERV. I have only put it through one on road speed run. I will do an actual speed run for you this weekend.

As for the size comparison to the Summit. It's very close. Same height with just a .2" difference in wheelbase and about a 1/4" difference in width and I believe that's due to the tires on the summit as wheel width is the same. The mini maxx can achieve a higher and lower ground clearances due to the shock placement options. I haven't tested the articulation of the arms between the two vehicles but I would believe the summit to have better overall movement. I would put the mini maxx as that place in between the MERV and the Summit. Faster then the Summit, better off road then the MERV but that's only with the little testing that's has taken place so far. I should have a better determination of its strengths and weaknesses after this weekend.

RC Competitor
    i really hope there will be a push for traxxas to produce this vehicle. have you tried to contact proline yet? maybe they might donate some tires for r&d. how awesome would a proline/traxxas collaboration be!!! proline sponosred mini max hitting the LHS shelves in 2015??? lol

RC Competitor
    Wow it's like a combo of the two

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jason02ws6 View Post
    i really hope there will be a push for traxxas to produce this vehicle. have you tried to contact proline yet? maybe they might donate some tires for r&d. how awesome would a proline/traxxas collaboration be!!! proline sponosred mini max hitting the LHS shelves in 2015??? lol
    Yes I did reach out to proline. I havent heard anything back from them yet. I'm sure they receive a ton of emails asking for products. But I guess it cant hurt to try. But a traxxas/ proline collaboration would be awesome.

Had to do an upgrade. Got rid of the very weak skid plates and made new aluminum skid plates instead. It def adds a lot more rigidity to the chassis. [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    One of the coolest custom builds ever! Glad to see it come to fruition! The addition of the metal skidplates takes it over the top!
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Competitor
    How do you cut your aluminum?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CMoorer04 View Post
    Looks fantastic! As far as a servo, buy a Hitec and waterproof it and you'll never have to worry about it again. I tried all but the bluebird and I always was mad at myself for not buying a Hitec, until I finally bought one. Haven't even thought about in since, that's how good it is. Now that I think about it some folks are buying Hitecs that are waterproof already, so there's that option as well. Regardless, Hitec is the only way to go.
    Thanks for the great advice, picked up the Hitec 5085 and what an incredible difference. Much better response and performance, it's like a night and day difference. Should have bought one of these a long time ago.

How do you cut your aluminum?
    Similar to the way I have been cutting the plastic with a hacksaw, (bandsaw used for the plastic) Dremel, and about 5 different files. Cut them out then Dremel and file down to size.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    That thing is awesome! Are you going to make a servo guard? They look vulnerable for bashing.

RC Qualifier
    Well here it is the first video. The body is in the process of getting painted thats why its not on. The video is not the best its a little difficult to get good video and drive. As you will see im not taking it easy on the test run. At one point about halfway through the video you can see me bounce it off off the mailbox post and into the street. Wooops! I also taped my phone to the top and did a couple of speed runs, the mini maxx toped out at 48mph with stock gearing utilizing 1- Traxxas 3S 25C 11.1v 1400mah lipo.

Hopfully this video post works, sorry for the length, havent figured out how to use the video editing on my new galaxy note yet.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by gorilla2891 View Post
    That thing is awesome! Are you going to make a servo guard? They look vulnerable for bashing.
    Yes, its a must. I was able to use the factory stock servo gaurds. I did change up how the Hitec servo was mounted to allow for a better fit and to be able to use the factory gaurd. The factory servo is no longer functionig and i removed the internals, i still need to connect it to the steering linkage but it is only there for looks to mimic the full scale emaxx.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC poster
    That Looks Amazing.
    Wow

RC Competitor
    Sweet that is amazing

RC Qualifier
    Has anyone used an airbrush to paint their body? Had some issues over the weekend with it, was the first time i have used it. It was given to me but doesn't have any instructions. What pressure so be used to run it? It seemed to not work at all until I bumped the PSI to almost 60, what pressure should be used?

RC Qualifier
    Well here it is. The completed first ever 1/16th scale Mini E-Maxx. More testing videos to come, I've recruited a camera woman. I have swapped out the stiffer ones, the other ones were just to soft. Of course I will continue to update this post as the testing continues.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Ok, wow, just wow. I bet you could sell those like hot cakes!
    My life is busy, but I'm still lurking! 24 RC's

RC Qualifier

-Now go mass production on those pieces, elaborate a manual on PDF and start "Bill Gates" own Microtraxxas...

You have found a breach on Traxxas. Patent that stuff and sell it to Traxxas if it give to much work to make 10 e-maxx's a day!

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    This is so awesome! With the body on, and nothing to compare it to, you'd swear it was a full size E-Maxx!! Just so fantastic! Way to go! It will have to hard for you to really bash with it. Can't just buy parts off the shelf for this baby!

RC Competitor
    this NEEDS to be on LHS shelves ASAP!!! how much would you consider selling this for if you decided to produce multiples?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    This is so awesome! With the body on, and nothing to compare it to, you'd swear it was a full size E-Maxx!! Just so fantastic! Way to go! It will have to hard for you to really bash with it. Can't just buy parts off the shelf for this baby!
    Thanks! I'm really happy with how it turned out. But it's def going to be driven and bashed, that's why I build them. And if anything breaks I'll just build a new part. I am in the process of cutting a bunch of extra parts to have. Just in case, I'm also going to start making a couple if these. Just won't have the trans, motors and ESC's. But I have enough parts to have a couple rollers. Maybe build a completely upgraded one. Plus I want to try a couple of design changes.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post

-Now go mass production on those pieces, elaborate a manual on PDF and start "Bill Gates" own Microtraxxas...

You have found a breach on Traxxas. Patent that stuff and sell it to Traxxas if it give to much work to make 10 e-maxx's a day!
    Haha! I can't afford to patent it, I did however do a poor mans patent if you know what that is. I'm also still holding onto a little hope that maybe Traxxas will show some interest . But that's just me dreaming . I def can not build ten of these a day, especially since I have to cut and shape each piece by hand. If I had a CNC machine maybe.
    Last edited by Aspengt; 03-25-2014 at 07:19 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Here is a much better edited video with some slow motion and a better view of the hit on the mailbox post!
    https://youtu.be/04UvQdMDpg8

Wow! This is awesome to see it fully built! You are the MAN! congrats on the epic build! Traxxas should really hire you for there design team.

RC Competitor
    Im definately waiting for a roller to be produced for sale. i say you leave all electronics and driveline off like you said and also sell without wheels/tires to keep your cost down and leave us the option to finish the build out. what shocks did you use for this? apologize if it was already mentioned and i missed it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jason02ws6 View Post
    Im definately waiting for a roller to be produced for sale. i say you leave all electronics and driveline off like you said and also sell without wheels/tires to keep your cost down and leave us the option to finish the build out. what shocks did you use for this? apologize if it was already mentioned and i missed it.
    No problem. I ended up using 60mm GPM shocks, but the stock Teton ones should work, as well as the new big bore tra7665 upgrade shocks from traxxas. I was really interested in the tra7665's but they are still unavailable. Plus they are a little costly. Considering this design requires 8.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspengt View Post
    No problem. I ended up using 60mm GPM shocks, but the stock Teton ones should work, as well as the new big bore tra7665 upgrade shocks from traxxas. I was really interested in the tra7665's but they are still unavailable. Plus they are a little costly. Considering this design requires 8.
    what are you thinking a roller or semi roller will cost?

RC Champion
    What you need is a 3D printer and a tub of plastic from RPM!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    What you need is a 3D printer and a tub of plastic from RPM!!!
    Yeah! That or have rpm send me sheets of their plastic. Prob cost a fortune.

RC Competitor
    This is THE COOLEST BUILD EVER!!!

RC Qualifier
    After about 45 minutes of very abusive driving I have broken the first real part. This is the lower rear A-arm, the lower a arms were my biggest concern due to the way the shocks need to be mounted, but I've designed the fix, it did however require me to order a new thicker piece to allow me to cut the design I want out, this new design should be at least 3 times stronger.

[IMG][/IMG]

This is why I love this hobby so much.
    Last edited by Aspengt; 03-26-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast