Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: decent deal?

RC Qualifier
    nice! it sounds healthy lol
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Got my topkick body trimmed and mounted. Hopefully will get to paint it on Saturday if weather permits. I used the proline screw on body mounts from the slash 4x4. Wish I could find some rubber side mirrors to complete the look. Cut the top of the wing mount off and put a brace between what was left to keep the stock rear bumper, and kept the ft bumper spring(right behind the body's bumper) and dropped the stock chrome ft bumper. I think its gonna look tight, as long as I paint well...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm

Here is the cut and braced rear bumper setup, and the P-L mounts:

Very nice truck. I like the looks of it.
    So I guess between the pedes and revo, its a different beast all together, nice peek on the video.
    If I built a revo from scratch but build it with hops ups that I like eg, like FLM, will this truck be allowed in races, or in organised races, a truck has to be all stock and all the suspensions settings etc. could be altered, just wondering.
    Live life to the fullest

its hard to find an mt class...

RC Qualifier
    You missed a spot...
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

Could not get onto photobucket until the minute you posted lol. Heres the other pics:

RC Enthusiast

decent deal?

What is the top speed out of the box with a an e revo brushed 1/10 all stock?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my gearing is very close to stock, and its at about 25 or so with lipo. maybe a little more, but def not 30. Not too bad for such a big vehicle. I am bored with the speed in open spaces though...

If I had to do this paint scheme again, I would connect the side stripe to the hoods sponsor patch, and make the front end all yellow. Would have been much better.

RC Qualifier
    Nice. The body reminds me of the Tamiya lunchbox...but with a truck bed.
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

Arrow

Thats funny... the lb was my first mt... I will take to my end, the fun of a first REAL mt bash session...

Cleaned up the body for some pics of my "good from far, but far from good", "ripped masking tape for dummies", "fades are EZ" paint job. If you look close at the paint bleed along the ripped tape, it looks killer while the truck is moving or 10 feet away. Not so good static up close. But who cares, soon it will be beat up with shoo goo all over it. It is very thick, and extra thick around the front bumper. One of the exhaust tips snapped off on the first rollover 8(. I am very happy how it turned out.

Last edited by rag6; 03-11-2014 at 02:01 AM.

Some air today. Not bad for a brushed revo...

got almost all the way through 3 full cycles today until something in the rear end started letting go. Had a blast though 8)

Made a clear lexan mount for the lva and it worked perfectly.

This is a very fun truck even in brushed form. Very easy to drive hard. The back motor was getting very hot after about 15 min with stock gearing, and its only about 50 out. No way these motors are gonna do in the heat of summer. I just remembered that I have an 80a Hobbywing esc buried somewhere. Wonder if it will work well with the 1800kv 1512? I think I am gonna find out...

That esc does not work, so still brushed... But, did pretty good mixing it up with a cc2400 on 3s, scte (with orange revo body lol) for a couple of laps on our little jumpy oval at the Bashplex:
    Last edited by rag6; 04-12-2014 at 08:53 PM.