Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    no worries man. Hope everything is better now. Are you going to be free on Saturday to go out to M&M? Have you taken that Mbx7 to a track yet??

I haven't had in problems with the PL tranny yet but I'm also running 2pole to mitigate any breakages

May 31...not looking forward to my first kid lol. I'm sure it will be the best thing ever...when she can flip my car over for me!!
    Heck no I havent. I tested it again several weeks back. I put a full 4S brick through her. She done quite well on pavement with street treads.

Arhhh....We are heading to Pearland tomorrow to Party City to shop for stuff for the little girls 2nd birthday. We have the worst of timing. LOL Not sure when you are heading back out to sea, then back to shore. I guess text me what you want to do the next time around. Plus Korbin starts his soccer games next saturday for 6 weeks. Have to plan something around all that, unless on Sundays. haha

Its not that bad bro. Definitely a life changer, all for the good. You'll love it when she says daddy I want to go to the track with you.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I haven't had in problems with the PL tranny yet but I'm also running 2pole to mitigate any breakages
    Yeah you should be ok running that. Keep us posted on how well it does. A buddy of mine busted the gears up running a Castle 5700 in it. Of course thats a 4-poler, much less torque to. Definitley clean looking on your rig.

Did you get your sister's rusty fixed back up? :-/
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Heck no I havent. I tested it again several weeks back. I put a full 4S brick through her. She done quite well on pavement with street treads.

Arhhh....We are heading to Pearland tomorrow to Party City to shop for stuff for the little girls 2nd birthday. We have the worst of timing. LOL Not sure when you are heading back out to sea, then back to shore. I guess text me what you want to do the next time around. Plus Korbin starts his soccer games next saturday for 6 weeks. Have to plan something around all that, unless on Sundays. haha

Its not that bad bro. Definitely a life changer, all for the good. You'll love it when she says daddy I want to go to the track with you.

haha looking forward to her saying that! I'm going to a new boat when I go back to work with a new work schedule but I'll still be working 28 on 28 off. I'll be home next weekend so I'll text you then. I'm down for racing on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post

Yeah you should be ok running that. Keep us posted on how well it does. A buddy of mine busted the gears up running a Castle 5700 in it. Of course thats a 4-poler, much less torque to. Definitley clean looking on your rig.

Did you get your sister's rusty fixed back up? :-/
    Yep, it's all ready to get converted to SCT.

I was testing the truck out today and started having problems with the Tekin. I had a similar problem with my Wraith with the same setup but with MMP/13.5t Tekin Redline that I haven't been able to figure out on either yet. When the sensor cable is plugged in and the trigger is pulled. A lot of cogging happens with the motor shaft shaking back and forth but not spinning. I unplug the sensor wire and it runs just fine. I went ahead and put my 5700kv castle in it and geared it way down. It runs smooth as butter now.

I'm going to say that I cannot recommend the Proline end links. This time I spun out at about 10mph into a tree and shoved one of the turnbuckles deeper into the endlink
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

Nice schedule bro. How you going to like that? Long time to be out at sea and away from the wife (and soon to be family) i'm sure. This Sunday looks to be free for me, saying a 40% chance for rain though. I'm game, play it by ear i guess.

That cool man, i'm sure she'll like it setup that way more.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the MMP? Have you tried a different firmware version to see if there might have been issues with running a sensored setup? The only Sensored setup I have is with the RX8 and Tekin 1900kv, so far it seems to be running smooth.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    One question if your going to do all that why not just buy the parts and build it instead of buying a Slash. LOL Just wondering
    Your not having fun unless you break it!

RC Champion
    back up parts

RC Competitor
    that are useless lol
    Your not having fun unless you break it!

RC Champion
    if you broke an a arm in practice, is it useless

RC Qualifier
    +1^ when something breaks right before a main it doesn't matter what you have to fix it, as long as you make the race.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Building Boost View Post
    +1^ when something breaks right before a main it doesn't matter what you have to fix it, as long as you make the race.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

i learned that the hard way

RC Qualifier
    love the look of the proline front and rear bumpers to bad the it wont work if the stock or rpm transmission
    Kyosho Inferno VE, Anza Slash, Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TRX_RC_ADDIC View Post
    One question if your going to do all that why not just buy the parts and build it instead of buying a Slash. LOL Just wondering
    are you talking to me? I bought the Traxxas F150 Raptor back in December of 2011. It was my first hobby grade RC and what got me started in this hobby. Since then, most of my builds do not start with a nib rtr car but parts ordered online.

Quote Originally Posted by tjk6789 View Post
    love the look of the proline front and rear bumpers to bad the it wont work if the stock or rpm transmission
    I do too! I love the single bar up front vs the stock and rpm bumper. I'm not sure how well the rear bumper will hold up by I will report back on it.

I put the VXL3s system on. I'm really happy with how smooth and quiet the truck is compared to the Tekin. Hopefully I'll be going to the track on Sunday to test her out some more. I cleaned up the battery connectors by plugging the esc directly into the bullets. I really like it this way!

RC Qualifier
    well i hate to say it i may get the front bumper but not the rear i heard to may bad things about the proline transmission and i wont fit the rpm transmission that i use on my slash i also like the sway bars what are the sway bars i

Quote Originally Posted by tjk6789 View Post
    well i hate to say it i may get the front bumper but not the rear i heard to may bad things about the proline transmission and i wont fit the rpm transmission that i use on my slash i also like the sway bars what are the sway bars i
    They pro line trans is in deed a turd but with the right upgrades it can be one of the best.
    Purchasing the hot racing steel diff and idler will do wonders when matched to the over sized out put axle bearings and well machined lay shaft gear with a associated spur[IMG][/IMG] and slipper pads.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Even the stock plastic diff with a machined aluminum idler will stay together pretty good for track use just dont bash with it.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    @SWL-SVT, One of the nicest 2wd build I've seen.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 03-06-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    thanks Billy! and thanks for the info on the HR diff. If I strip the proline one I will try that one out for sure.

RC Racer
    I look at your build and see my build lol. Great minds think a like I guess.. but I did RPM trans cover and hot racing sealed diff ...and as of now I'm running the 4x4 rear axles

RC Champion
    hey bikerj11, what is your body lol, proline or jconcepts

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger9 View Post
    hey bikerj11, what is your body lol, proline or jconcepts
    Jc, but gotta rock the proline cuz of the trucks components and tires

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerj11 View Post
    I look at your build and see my build lol. Great minds think a like I guess.. but I did RPM trans cover and hot racing sealed diff ...and as of now I'm running the 4x4 rear axles

I love that chassis! Your truck looks great!

So this kit looks interesting but I don't think it will work with the Anza chassis...I may have to get the proline chassis for my sisters' build.. http://prolineracing.com/performance...onversion-kit/

RC Racer
    Haha thanks. Truck handles great. And that kit looks cool but Trophy Truck over buggy any day

RC Champion
    here's a little update for my little sister's Bandit. I just ordered the Traxxas lcg kit for it so it'll be a Slash very soon! I already have a Lightning McQueen (Cars) themed body (which is why she wants me to convert it) I need to get a few more parts and it'll be ready to go.
    Here it sits now:

I recently put some X0-1 axles on it

oops, double post...
    and the Lightning McQueen body!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-03-2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    I started working on the LCG conversion. I need to get some rit dye.

I had to modify where the transmission mounts to work with the FLM case

New carbon fiber Proline shock tower brace. I had to drill the lower left hole. I guess they forgot that one at the factory

And the rear brace

As she sits now. I'm waiting on a Slash rx box along with another set of extended body mounts to be a runner.

RC Qualifier
    Very nice builds! Which steering blocks are you using?

RC Champion
    Thanks! The Anza has a Proline belcrank servo saver and the LCG has a Traxxas belcrank that I deanodized.

RC Qualifier
    I meant the front bearing carriers? It appears that you are using Anza casters with some very pretty hard anodized knuckles.

RC Champion
    oh oops! both trucks have deanodized Traxxas knuckles

RC Champion
    i put the Hot Racing hardened steel transmission gears in and 70k diff fluid. It seems like it will be bullet proof now...I don't have enough faith to throw a 4pole at it but the again I'm happy with the vxl system.

And I went on another de-anodizing binge...The only thing left is the chassis but I need to order all the battery padding before I do that.

RC Champion
    I got the rx box, proline front bumper and proline body mounts in and installed them. Now all it needs is a servo arm and it'll be ready to run. I will eventually go to protrac since I have so many spares but I want to wear these tires out first.

RC Qualifier
    just one question Did you fix the wires on that Motor or are they still cracked for you sisters truck we dont want to have a melt down

RC Champion
    Thanks for that! I had to go look at the truck to know what you were talking about. I will put some heat shrink on it.

RC Champion

Traxxas F150 Raptor

The Traxxas F150 Raptor introduced me to the world of RC cars. I got a brand new Raptor body from a friend for pretty cheap and it has inspired me to rebuild my original RC. I figure it would be something that I could let people drive when they come over or let the neighbor's boy drive with me...something that I'm not to worried about. I still have the original body so this blue will be for shelf duty. Anyways, I'm not going to be spending too much money on this build since I already have most of the original parts. I did order a complete screw set and RX box from dollarhobbyz. These are the upgrade parts I had originally bought for it or have laying around:

Protrac front and rear shock towers
    RPM bumpers, castor blocks, knuckles, bearing carriers, arms, shock retainers and nurf bars
    Proline captured shock posts
    Hot Racing composite transmission case

I'd like to get the Proline thumbscrew body mounts, bearing for the belcrank and STRC captured hingepins and when other parts break..think about upgrading then. I started working on it tonight. Here's what I have so far:

RC Champion
    Am I the only person that has thought about doing a Nitro Slash E-Conversion? Outboard rear shocks and a mid engine setup has me intrigued. I would sell my new LCG chassis in a heartbeat if there was an electric motor mount for that tranny/chassis

RC Champion
    I got the tbone racing rear bumper installed along with some new trenchers. I think the tbone racing bumper is the best option as far as rear bumpers go

RC Champion
    I ordered the proline pro-2 chassis and the short course buggy conversion today! I can't wait to get it together and throw the 2.8" trenchers on for bashing. I'm thinking about selling the vxl setup and getting the new 4pole version.

RC Qualifier
    There's a 4 pole traxxas system?!
    "That don't make NO sense!"

RC Champion
    Yep! Here is the new esc with bigger capacitors and the motor. It looks the same but it's a 4 pole now

RC Qualifier
    I love that body dude the truck is nice too lol
    Is it fast enough? No, no it isn't.

RC Racer
    Seems you like the pro-line parts. Do you think the pro line protrac suspension kit was worth it? Just wondering if it's a worthwhile upgrade for my slash. I recently started using it at a local track. I have the protrac installed on my P2de, which I think worked out good, but it always seems people are complaining about how the proline parts aren't fitting as well.
    Thanks

RC Champion
    Definitely worth it! Some would say that it's one of the best upgrade you could do to a slash. I have not had any fitment problems with proline parts. I recently ordered the protrac for the lightning McQueen slash too

RC Champion
    Looks great! How is the traxxas lcg?
    Slash 4x4, Rusty VXL(project), Slash 2wd(project).