RC Qualifier

Slash wheel fell off

Well. I let my sister drive my truck... My mistake. She loved it. But, wouldn't give it back. He turned. Motor full throttle. Into a curb. Broke this thingy. Want to get it
    Fixed. What is it? And how much to get it fixed by a shop. (Approx.). Any more pics,needed and they will be posted
    If a RC never breaks, your doing it wrong

RC Racer
    Looks like the front "A" arm from the first pick. Replace it with RPM: http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/product...ires/80242.htm

RC Racer

RC Competitor
    Looks like just the a-arm broke. You'll have to take the wheel off to make sure the carrier isn't boogered as well.

You'll just need to get a new a-arm, they are sold in pairs. And if the pin is bent you'll need those as well. The stock a-arms are p/n 3631 and should be under $10/pr. You could also upgrade to RPM a-arms which are stronger for about $11/pr - the black ones are p/n 80242.

The pins are p/n 3640 and are usually sold in a package with several other pins for under $5.

I don't know what they would charge to put it on...but it's something you can do yourself in around 10 minutes.

Also, spin the tire while it's still mounted and see if wobbles. If the axle is bent, that's p/n 3637 and is under $5/pr also.
    Last edited by FormulaZR; 02-02-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by commando5184 View Post
    Well. I let my sister drive my truck... My mistake. She loved it. But, wouldn't give it back. He turned...

This is really a do-it-yourself kind of hobby. The best of hobby shops will help you to replace the part, the worst will charge you an arm and a leg (and the guy doing the repair likely knows little more than you do). Don't be afraid to dive into your truck, if you get stuck, post up a quest with pictures (great pics on this thread, by the way) and we will help you out.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Champion
    Yeah, this is a under $20 in parts fix, much less if you use stock parts from ebay. Download the exploded views page from Traxxas website and match up what parts your broke and replace. It's as simple as taking screws, pins out, putting them back.
    All those who believe psychokinesis raise my hand

RC Qualifier
    Lefty loosey righty tighty

Do it!! It's and addiction! Good luck with your first mod
    My wife hates it but I love It.

RC Enthusiast
    Im in with greatscott, it is a diy hobby, in fact the LHS stopped doing repairs to them ab a year ago.. These things are easy to figure out. Just take it apart and look at the provided front assembly specs in the parts book and you'll get it.

RC Qualifier
    do it your self that is why you get tools with you rc it isnt hard very easy fix

RC Qualifier
    sorry I never updated it. The a arm is shot, the axle is bent and a slew of other things. I figured it was cheaper to send it to the shop, and that was good, he sold me the a arms for 2 bucks a pop for RPM (ive bought so much stuff there he basically sells it to me for what he pays) and he said he would look at the whole front end, and replace what is damaged. But im not really concerned with the price, as my parents are making my sister pay for parts, and I pay labor. So we will see where that goes. Getting the truck back mid to late this week

Quote Originally Posted by commando5184 View Post
    sorry I never updated it. The a arm is shot, the axle is bent and a slew of other things. I figured it was cheaper to send it to the shop, and that was good, he sold me the a arms for 2 bucks a pop for RPM (ive bought so much stuff there he basically sells it to me for what he pays) and he said he would look at the whole front end, and replace what is damaged. But im not really concerned with the price, as my parents are making my sister pay for parts, and I pay labor. So we will see where that goes. Getting the truck back mid to late this week
    Dunno man....
    You likely find a lot of us here that think this is a mistake. But, for most of us, half of the fun of the hobby is wrenching on our trucks. Also, this is how you learn to tune your truck so that it drives the way you want it to.

Letting others drive:
    When I take one of my Slashes out, I assume that I will break something, and get delightfully surprised when I don't. When I hand the controller over, I KNOW that something will get broke, and assume the responisbilty of the repairs.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired