RC Competitor

STRC Aluminum Shock Tower Problems

I just purchased and am trying to install front and rear STRC aluminum shock towers. The rear (in the first photo) shock tower kit came with 2 sets of standoffs, one small one large. In the photo I have circled the two standoffs. I had to put them together to get the shock to tighten without any play to the shock tower. Otherwise the 2 screws (front & back) would hit an I would not be able too tighten them. Something isn't right here? I must be doing something wrong?

In the second photo, you can see the shock spring is rubbing. Its also bending them slightly. I am using the added hardware that came with the kit. not sure what going on here? maybe I have the shock towers backwards?

Front View backwards?

Rear View backwards?

THANKS!!!!!!!

I added a video for your viewing pleasure

Last edited by cooleocool; 03-04-2014 at 10:34 AM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    I think the short stand off goes on the bottom of the shock, or the short goes on the top, with no stand off on the bottom. I cant remember exactly..
    6808 HCG/ CC Sidewinder SCT/ BFG S1's

RC Competitor
    Ahhhhh! I bet its the first way. The short stand off at the bottom and the tall on top. Still leaves ke with the problems in the front. Any ideas on that?

RC Racer
    For the front shock tower, you could possibly install the turnbuckle on the inside of the truck instead of the front like on the picture.

It would avoid the spring to rub on it.